lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Seal Replacement Now What

Ignition timing is more involved then just lining up the adjustment tangs. A service manual will show you the procedure. I mark the plate and block for future referance. If your lucky, you will see the "marks left by the original mounting screws as a referance. Like this picture.....seems like it needs to be advanced. Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1 timing.jpg (94.0 KB, 0 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #12
J R
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smallblock thanks. Unfortunately I cleaned it a little too good. I can not see the "witness marks" where the screws were. I do have the service manual so I will refer to it for setting the timing. As stated I do have the fan side seal so I will replace it. Unfortunately I also have to work on the truck and lawn mower so the cart takes a back seat. Not sure if I will find time this weekend. A question to all out there, what is the compression supposed to be? A quick check of the service manual and I did not find it but I am sure it there.
J R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:21 AM   #13
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

120ish is what they say they come from the factory but anything below 90 needs attention
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #14
J R
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Spicy thanks for the info. Don't know why I can't locates it in the manual! I had a couple of minutes so I just checked it. Surprised to see I had 120. Must be either timing and/or fan seal. Good spark and fuel. Hopefully get some time this weekend to work on it. I will let you all know. Again thanks for all the help.

J R
Old 07-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #15
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Pull the muffler off and check it again if compression drops a lot you have a plugged muffler and need to BBQ it
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #16
J R
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Already bbqed muffler a while back. I know I got it cleaned out. Got it so hot half coupling came "unbrazed". Ran great till seal gave out. Will check fan side seal and timing. If that doesn't do it I will be begging for you'alls expertise.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #17
J R
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So I finally got back on this. Before I replace fan side seal I adjusted timing one last time. Installed battery and now I have nothing. No click no reverse buzzer nothing. Even put a different battery in it. What the heck could have happened? Checked fuse by negative terminal and it is fine.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #18
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

There are 2 fuse's. 1 positive (between the solenoids and battery) and the negative (behind the solenoids). Just because the fuse is good, doesn't mean the fuse holder is good, check them with a continuity tester.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #19
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Shure wish you would have changed that crank seal while you were in there. Just because it wasn't oil soaked, doesn't mean the seal isn't deteriorated.
Right, I agree, you didn't change the other side? That's the one that fails more often
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #20
J R
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks guys. I will check and report back.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha