lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default TXT Limo Kit

I just picked up a TXT with the intention of stretching it. I’ve been all over the internet searching and need some expert advice. I want to put a limo kit on but am unsure on which kit is the best out there. I’ve got pretty good mechanical skills but have never done a stretch. So what’s the best soup to nuts kit out there?
ecaldwell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: TXT Limo Kit

WOW,
Have you thought this thru? I just looked at some aftermarket kits on line. Looks to me, after buying the kit, seats, top, paint and labor one would be better off getting a factory build limo cart. The prices are crazy.
If you could do your own fab/ welding and buy the seat pod and cables you may come out ok.
I did a stretch on a Yamaha some years ago. Spent less than $100 on steel, built my own seat pod and wrapped it in fiberglass. Bought a used seat and longer cables. All said and done cost $700
Not to convinced a no weld kit would be very strong?

Sorry, just my take on the deal. Good luck
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did it. I bought a TXT, bought a “no welding required“ kit from Xtreme carts and installed it exactly as directed.

The results were very bad. The center section of the cart sagged almost to the floor, and I was offered no support by the company I bought it from.

I had to buy an expensive welder, learn to weld, and then properly fix it. The seats were expensive, the top was expensive, and the wiring is a pain.

But, the results are very nice stretched golf cart.

It may be worth it to you, it may not. But it is always more work involved then the websites say. Especially for an ezgo frame which has to be welded.

Stay away from the M&M vehicles stretch kit though...

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I stretched a txt a few years ago using Ezgo’s factory kit. Was a bit expensive but it came with everything needed. New wiring, cables, floor pan, floor mat, center section, supports, rivets and a kitchen sink.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You’re right Gearhead the kits are not cheap. I have pretty good fab skills and I can lay a decent weld bead. I got the cart for a steal and honestly I want the experience of doing it with my kids.
I looked at the kit from extreme so thanks for the heads up Luke. I didn’t really dig the look of the seat pod on their site.
I’m really interested in the factory ezgo kit but was unable to locate one online.
While I’m confident in my skill level I’m also an “instruction” guy and prefer to have plans laid out.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaldwell78 View Post
You’re right Gearhead the kits are not cheap. I have pretty good fab skills and I can lay a decent weld bead. I got the cart for a steal and honestly I want the experience of doing it with my kids.
I looked at the kit from extreme so thanks for the heads up Luke. I didn’t really dig the look of the seat pod on their site.
I’m really interested in the factory ezgo kit but was unable to locate one online.
While I’m confident in my skill level I’m also an “instruction” guy and prefer to have plans laid out.
Yeah, and the unfortunate thing is I requested a white pod...
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #7
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Well I figured I would update this thread. The stretch is done. It was very easy. The most difficult part for me was taking a perfectly fine 2011 Ezgo and cutting it in half. My two boys, 8 and 9 year olds, were really excited through the entire process and helped where they could. My 9 year old thought he wanted to learn how to weld until he watched me do it. Even though he didn't want to do any welding, he really enjoyed watching. Thank goodness I have multiple welding helmets!
We are still waiting on the seat covers to show up (ordered them from up to par over a month ago) but she runs out very straight and strong.
I would still like to find some diamondplate rocker covers. I thought there may be some for an Express L6 out there but I have yet to find any. I contacted some metal bending places and for what I want it's looking to be in the $300 range. I cannot justify that.
One other thing I will pose as a question to the collective here is NERF BARS. My mother has trouble getting on and off the cart. I have seen several sets for standard length carts and even some for stretched club car but nothing for stretched Ezgo. I'm open to some fabrication of the mounts to get anything to work. So what has everyone done for custom nerf bars in stainless?
Enough rambling, here are a few pics. If anyone has questions feel free to ask and thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stretch1.jpg (251.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg stretch2.jpg (144.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg stretch3.jpg (142.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #8
Riso
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Very nice!
Riso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:43 PM   #9
mlj427
Gone Wild

Have you looked into truck step bars maybe for a crew cab? Or diamond plate running boards cut to length would give you the rockers and step. Then modify the mounts to your cart. Looks great as is. Also check heat and air shops they usually have 8 ft breaks and if you find 4x8 1/16 inch thick sheet of diamond plate they can cut and bend it for you.
Good luck
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:38 PM   #10
landscape.artist
Getting Wild

Wow! This is so sharp. Well done!

What a great project to do with your sons and then to be able to sport around in this with the family? It's just grand. This is a project your kids will remember the rest of their lives.

It's impressive!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
landscape.artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO