lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #11
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 head on 350??

I reused my stock valves and springs and camshaft from my 350 head.Use a new 350 head gasket. The 350 carb will work just fine. I would try it the way it is and run it a while and then read the plugs to see if a bigger jet is needed. I turned the governor all the way in and modded my stock muffler. It's a noticeable difference. The head gives you more torque and bottom end.
Do the head swap with all your stock stuff and see if thats enough.
Hopes this helps.
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #12
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Quadmaster. I try to get info, they tell you it can be done, and leave ya hangin' or get too much with all the options. That is good straight forward info, what I look for here!!! I appreciate that a LOT.You just revived my faith in this site!! tonyton
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The governor on an ezgo is on the top of the rear end housing. There is an adjustment on the end of the cable. I tightened the the adjustment all the way down ( tight ) . It takes the governor's ability to pull the throttle closed away. I actually removed mine all together when I went to a larger carb because of the way I needed to attach the throttle cable. You don't need to remove yours. Tightening it down will do the trick. There is a sticky in the gas ezgo section titled Governor adjustment with pictures that might help you.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
Thanks Quadmaster. I try to get info, they tell you it can be done, and leave ya hangin' or get too much with all the options. That is good straight forward info, what I look for here!!! I appreciate that a LOT.You just revived my faith in this site!! tonyton
Thanks...good to here from you Tony
Old 04-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
TRAP4KAT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks to all... i think i have my hands and head wrapped around this one!
TRAP4KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #16
noel4151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello all, Im new here so help me out please. I have a 97 ezgo it is SLOW i was told that it had a 295 motor in it and also was told that i could put a diff head on it to make it faster ? This subject pro has been talked about before but like i said im new here.
noel4151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel4151 View Post
Hello all, Im new here so help me out please. I have a 97 ezgo it is SLOW i was told that it had a 295 motor in it and also was told that i could put a diff head on it to make it faster ? This subject pro has been talked about before but like i said im new here.
Hi noel. I think you have this backwards. If you had a 350 engine then you could put a head from a 295 engine on it and you gain more power.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
noel4151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

***........ Allright then how can i power up the motor that i have?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #19
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is a modification for the 295 engine. It envolves a LOT of machine work.
The 295 head, is the head that, is used as an easy compression boost for the 350 engine and the stock/modified 295.
Be sure yours has the valves adjusted and has compression. They run fairly good stock. You may just want to find a good used motor or rebuild yours. They aren't bad. If you want a modified 295, they are available. They go from 9 hp to 14.
I think I heard about 800 plus exchange.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #20
noel4151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok cool what kind of machine work am i looking at, im up for anything. I will check the valve adjustment and the compression. The guy i got this cart from said when he got it he had to put a rod in it so i hope he did every thing right.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO