lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Coverting electric cc limo to gas?

I think I found a decent deal on a 6 seater. Would it be difficult to convert to gas. I'm honestly unsure on the year so hoping the sticker in the pic helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1892.jpg (193.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1889.jpg (244.3 KB, 0 views)
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
aaron580
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Coverting electric cc limo to gas?

pretty sure everything is different. rear end, engine, engine cradle, all wiring, etc
aaron580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks like a 2002 and pretty sure that's based off a carryall 6 chassis.

And I dont know about the 6, but I know for certain the carryall 1 and 2 models are completely different frames from gas to electric.

Not to say that cant still be a beast though. itll take you about $2k for parts, but with the right motor/controller combo you could make that outperform a gas version anyway. 500A Alltrax and an admiral B4 ot AMD Beast motor will make that thing scream! And with 8 6V batteries you'll have great range, too. If you could convert to gas, it would cost you at least that much for a stock FE350 and not have as good of performance.

And this is coming from a gas guy... I still prefer gas because charging is really inconvenient for my particular setup. But, a properly built electric cart admittedly does have a lot of "fun" built into it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:04 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Click on site sponsor "Boulder Engines."

Seems to be exactly what you are looking for.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #5
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

appreciate the replies everyone. the guy has two here in SW florida asking $600 for each. I thought if I could repower it cheap enough. The boulder engine option is cool but out of my price range at the moment. I was thinking the later model electrics would convert easier for some reason. I think he has them listed on letgo.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
appreciate the replies everyone. the guy has two here in SW florida asking $600 for each. I thought if I could repower it cheap enough. The boulder engine option is cool but out of my price range at the moment. I was thinking the later model electrics would convert easier for some reason. I think he has them listed on letgo.
Yeah, unless you plan to build it as an electric cart, or drop quite a bit of dough and time into a conversion, its probably best to pass :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car