lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
Wayne Shaw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 DS Backfiring

The rev limiter is on the front of the engine just above the oil drain plug.
Wayne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
Trublufords
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Had same prob with a 95---UNTILL it would not start at all--Exhaust seat had dropped keeping valve completly open all the time.I feel that the seat was coming out at times and making it backfire and the seat would go back in its bore untill it fell out and wedged the valve open. Found out this is a common prob when they over heat from grass and debri gets in between head shield and cooling fins. Blue
Trublufords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trublufords View Post
Had same prob with a 95---UNTILL it would not start at all--Exhaust seat had dropped keeping valve completly open all the time.I feel that the seat was coming out at times and making it backfire and the seat would go back in its bore untill it fell out and wedged the valve open. Found out this is a common prob when they over heat from grass and debri gets in between head shield and cooling fins. Blue
Yep

How about that compression test and valve adjustment?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #14
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

if i dont have good compression, or the valves are staying open, you aint moving to fast! it may be just as easy to pull the head and give it a good cleaning so you can also inspect hte valves and seats. then run your valves at .005 COLD. BUT CHECK THE COPRESSION FIRST. i had a slight issue with mine till one of these fine fellows here told me that the air box and air intake tube have to be tight and in good shape, oterwise the choke is worthless.
the rev limiter is the little black box on the front(facing the seat) of the engine on the very bottom. it has 2 wires. use a 10 mm socket and remove the nut with the ground lead. then zip tie it back so not to rub or get damaged. replace the nut. be carefulo not to run engine fatser then 4k, the valve start to float and do wonderful things to the engine and pocket book! rev limiter if i remeber is at 3500 rpm. some will wil correct me if im wrong!
as stated above... WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car