lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: being street legal?

To qualify for LSV status, the vehicle cannot be slower than 20 mph or faster than 25 mph. Golf carts are limited to 19 mph by the manufacturer.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
To qualify for LSV status, the vehicle cannot be slower than 20 mph or faster than 25 mph. Golf carts are limited to 19 mph by the manufacturer.
Thanks Doug
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugfuzzywormie View Post
my neighbor calls cops every time we take our cart on road to go to a friends house a little farther down street. we live on a back road that is lighty traveled by cars. one car every two hours ,maybe on a busy weekend. ever since my daughter kicked his daughters as- , they call cops for anything. without going into details my daughter was justified in what she did. ---that being said we live in maryland. mva tells me there is no way to get a golf cart to be legal on road-not possible in md. i know there has got to be a loop hole somewhere so i can do this legally. i have seen some federal stuff, but just like all dot stuff alot of gray areas. i used to run a trucking business that went between md and va. we ran into problems all the time , different laws for different states- even though its all supposed to be federal??right?? in md there is a minimum for insurance---this was easy thru progressive--$7.91 a month. that was easy. they have a insurance min. for this vehicle but wont allow u to register the golf cart!!! WTF ive got to find a legal way around this. i dont care what it costs, i want to be legal. any suggestions????----btw--- nothing better than hearing about a bully getting their butt embarrassed by losing a fight--by the underdog--
i know that this is an old post, but i have a ''friend'' who owes me a really big favor. if you want i could send him your way, and have him break all of your neighbors knees. maybe, burn a plywood cutout of a golfcart on his lawn, or............they could wake up with horse heads in their beds. or all three. i have a neighbor like this out in the country. he has a problem with everyone. ironically, none of my other neighbors has any problems with each other. we all live at least an 1/8 of mile apart. so it's not like we are looking in his windows or stepping on his toes. lately he has taken to watching the road for our son on his four wheeler, and calls the sheriff when he sees or hears him. i used to laugh about all my other neighbors encounters with him until he bought the house next to ours and move a mile closer.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
Greg Rider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Making it legal probably wont stop the neighbor from calling. What have the cops said or done when they got to you? I would try the slow moving vehicle triangle first and then ask about other options. Maybe the cops will get tired of your neighbor whining.
Greg Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #15
SHARKRACER3
Not Yet Wild

So there are some loopholes and what ive found is to use a company by the name of dirtlegal.com and register as lsv in florida and transfer title to maryland. Havent done this my self yet but in the process does anyone have any info about dirt legal they would like to add.
SHARKRACER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #16
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

IF you qualify, a Handicap placard gets you around all of the local laws; The ADA specifically mentions golf carts as an acceptable means of transportation
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #17
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

I will trade you my placard for 1 good lung...
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO