lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Workhorse Project

What kind of sandblaster are you using?
The reason I ask is that I need to get one as I have some restoration work to do on my 2000 ST350. I figured if I can do it myself, it'll save $$ for other things
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a cheapie... about $12.00 from Menards. Does a great job. They have the blast material too at about $8.00 a bag. Compressor needs to be fairly large. I've got a 80 gal 2 stage at about 16 cfm @120 psi. Do yourself a favor and use a paint stripper to remove as much of the paint as possible 1st. Might need 2 coats but it will save you a ton of time and blast material.
Skipper_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #13
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper_52 View Post
It's a cheapie... about $12.00 from Menards. Does a great job. They have the blast material too at about $8.00 a bag. Compressor needs to be fairly large. I've got a 80 gal 2 stage at about 16 cfm @120 psi. Do yourself a favor and use a paint stripper to remove as much of the paint as possible 1st. Might need 2 coats but it will save you a ton of time and blast material.
Thanks!
I've been look at a couple from Harbor Freight and Northern Tools. They're ranging in the $100-$150 area.
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #14
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Your talking about the cabinet enclosures. I built my own which works great but unfortunately I lost the plans. I can post some pics of it. The sandblaster itself is just the gun and hose from Menard's. The biggest complaint about the cabinet is the glass gets etched from the sand. Tempered glass cuts this problem way down because of it's hardness and the glass lasts much longer. Lexan etches way too easy but is cheaper. The advantage of the cabinet is you can use the blast material 3-4 times before it starts clogging the hose. I eliminated the dust problem by attaching a shop vac to the bottom chamber.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Got the 6" Jake's lift kit and the steering back in. Bummer the motor mount holes are off for torque converter alignment. Going to have to weld a new motor mounting plate on top of theirs to kick the engine over 1/2". Don't have the room on the rear axle to shift it over. Existing belt is too small. Engine needs to move forward for clearance on the rear end shift arm and the oil filter. Belt size increased to 45" from the stock 41". Have to wait till the parts get here this week along with the tires and rims.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (69.8 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (110.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (61.9 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (97.4 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg 035.jpg (102.4 KB, 161 views)
Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Been looking everywhere for a print/blueprint of a workhorse frame so I can design the body. Has anyone even seen a line drawing of a frame. I'd be happy to post the Autocad drawing when I'm done if anyone can help me out.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is a good idea to know what belt you are going to use before you make the motor mount. You have tons of room in the workhorse engine bay... 1/2" can save some money on a belt... I set mine up to us the HD belt which costs less than half of what some custom snowmobile belt costs... What are you using for an engine cradle?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Got this one from cartsplus. It's going to work once we weld the new plate on. Waiting for the belt to come this week so we can align the engine before drilling the mounting holes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 425-1_lrg.jpg (13.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Get used to it

Tires and wheels came today from Buggies Unlimited........UNMOUNTED.
ARGH... They said to send them the mounting receipt and they'd reimburse me. Great if they do. Looks good but found front end play in the kingpins. Don't know if it's because I replaced the pins with US or if EZGO had a special size. I doubt it's because I haven't greased them yet. Might be missing a bronze washer also. Have to look it up in the service manual.

Brad came over and welded the new engine mounting plate on. Got too late to sandblast and paint, have to be tomorrow. Should be able to mount the engine on Saturday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 036.jpg (96.9 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 037.jpg (88.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have used that same engine cradle from CPP and had no problem using the holes for a vanguard motor? which way are you going to move the new holes and are you going to slot them for belt adjustment?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work in progress
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO