lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default 1990 c.c.

ok how do i start????? i let a fellow take a ride on my old war wagon and on his way back to my camp he was about 100 yards away when i heard what i thought at 1st sounded like the he had blown the motor.....he was going pretty fast maybe 25 mph......there was a nasty clanking sound that i heard and the cart quit running...........so i walk up to the cart and as i,m turning engine over i can hear this clanking sound but it didn,t sound like any motor i have heard blow up.......it was coming from lower right side near clutch but i couldn,t tell if it was internal.....we pushed it to my lot and i again tried to turn it over and noise was gone it sounded normal but wouldn,t start........i checked compression twice and it has a touch over 100psi however no spark what so ever? coincidense.....i didn,t go any further as i had other stuff to do........thinking about it on way home......could he have blown the drive clutch up?? with compression it couldn,t be internal right?? like i said i couldn,t pinpoint the noise and it went away but what i heard didn,t seem engine related was more of a metel to metel thing........oil is good in motor...........the spark i,m not worried about other than its odd that it lost spark at the same time............any thoughts out there its not in the rear end at all the noise was for sure in the area of the drive clutch............thanks much......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 c.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
ok how do i start????? i let a fellow take a ride on my old war wagon and on his way back to my camp he was about 100 yards away when i heard what i thought at 1st sounded like the he had blown the motor.....he was going pretty fast maybe 25 mph......there was a nasty clanking sound that i heard and the cart quit running...........so i walk up to the cart and as i,m turning engine over i can hear this clanking sound but it didn,t sound like any motor i have heard blow up.......it was coming from lower right side near clutch but i couldn,t tell if it was internal.....we pushed it to my lot and i again tried to turn it over and noise was gone it sounded normal but wouldn,t start........i checked compression twice and it has a touch over 100psi however no spark what so ever? coincidense.....i didn,t go any further as i had other stuff to do........thinking about it on way home......could he have blown the drive clutch up?? with compression it couldn,t be internal right?? like i said i couldn,t pinpoint the noise and it went away but what i heard didn,t seem engine related was more of a metel to metel thing........oil is good in motor...........the spark i,m not worried about other than its odd that it lost spark at the same time............any thoughts out there its not in the rear end at all the noise was for sure in the area of the drive clutch............thanks much......................
Mighty strange coincidence that you lost spark at the same time the motor / clutch made this noise Tom. A friend of mines CC has a noisy clutch but it wont really rattle until it hits approx 1500 rpm. I wonder if this might be the case with yours ? You might not hit enough rpm's to expose the noise by just spinning on the S/G.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Does it have a magneto ignition? But the flywheel is on the other side.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes flywheel is on drivers side and the noise was for sure on pass. side....................................
Old 06-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
nozleman
Not Yet Wild

had similar situation with my 96cc, Bad noise on pass side, compression was 180! Compression just means top end is good(rings piston), That noise sounds like bottom end, just like mine! I am having mine rebuilt!
nozleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Guess I would pull the clutch apart and see if something was broken in there. Arms/weights do break sometimes.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats what i,m thinking clutch, i think engine is fine but i had no time to pull clutch this weekend it will have to wait till upcoming weekend.......................
Old 06-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

one thing i did a while back is to make a starter drive. it is basically the back half of a shot clutch with the starter pulley on it. this way i can start a motor without hearing a clutch cycle. also if you just yank a belt they still make noise. this also keeps the rear end from spinning and making any noise too.

this is one good example why i hesitate to let anybody drive my carts!

hope it is an easy one to fix....
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car