lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default 93 carryall no idle, mods questions

Family picked up this carryall, I'm usually in the yamaha or clone areas....alas I am here lol. Anyway it will not idle, the slow speed jet seems to do nothing. Previous owner supposedly put a new carb on it when they got it maybe 5yr ago and its had limited use since around the house. I found the tab on the airbox is broke not sure it was sealing, so put a bungie on it to hold that corner but made no difference. From about 1/4 throttle up it seems to run fine but misses if you try to keep it at low rpm, or stops running then takes off harder when you push down more. So far all I did was crank up the cable to the governor to get it over 12mph lol, in the box with the cam. I read you should adjust the pedal rod instead.

Not sure what they will do with it far as a lift, their other cart is lifted. He talked about dropping a 27hp Kaw V twin in it but not sure he will. I assume normal cart lifts will work in this? The rear springs seem stout.

Seems in good condition, I can see a wear mark at the top of the drive clutch from the belt like its spent some time there. Clutches look small compared to a yamaha and it feels a little down on power. I could burn the stock cart tires easily with my G9 this does not want to. It has knobbies on the back but bogs going up a small hill unless you stop and take off up it. So I lubed the secondary sheave but I had to leave. Just seems gutless sort off, I put gears in an older flathead CC and it would pull pretty good at mid rpm this does not. Admittedly the governor makes throttle response pretty poor.

Took the hose off the carb and sprayed it out with carb cleaner it had some black soot in it, didn't seem like dirt really so maybe it didn't get any in it. It does not smoke at all that I can see. Muffler is rusty everything else looks ok.

Am sure I will end up wrenching on this more. Thanks for any tips. We spent some time pressure washing it all lots of dust under the hood I bet he never cleaned it. All they did was put to next door with it.

IIRC this is a Kawasaki single OHV? (it is a single OHV says CC on top)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 93 carryall no idle, mods questions

they are not supposed to idle unless someone set it up to do so..........normal operation is when you let off the gas pedal the engine quits running when you press it again it starts up.......thats perfectly normal........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Right but if you press on the gas just a little to go say walking speed it will miss and want to rev more or die. It is very uneven running at less than maybe 1/8 opening at the carb, which would be the idle circuit in the carb. This also makes it not start that well, you have to step down half throttle and then it lunges forward when it starts. Don't tell me it can't be as smooth as my yami lol j/k. I put it in neutral (service) and it will not run at low rpm well at all, misses a lot, unless it has an internal problem but since the carb will not adjust I'm going with that likely next weekend I will get back to it. Suppose it could be an intake leak also, but everything looked ok. I don't know what the typical issues are for CC like I do with yamahas. Every cart has its issues. I'll try to scan more threads here.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your right on all counts, the only thing i like better on the C.C. over the yama is they are easier for me to work on.......the little dinky engine just don,t cut it.......now my 90 all stock i would put up against any yamy don,t ask me why the cart was given to me and as far as i can tell nothing has been done and this bugger flies i mean to say it burns rubber..............i have had it for 5 years now and it smokes any stock cart and even some others but its not your typical C.C...............the only way to get real speed is to drop something else in them................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
lgcmech
Not Yet Wild

we had a similar problem with our carryall found out it was missing the throttle return spring. just something to check.
lgcmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgcmech View Post
we had a similar problem with our carryall found out it was missing the throttle return spring. just something to check.
Is it under that cover on the carb? I'm going to take that off, and the carb, clean it out good and see what makes it tick lol.

Shadowman- wedging the clone into the G9 was not entirely easy because of tight quarters, but well worth it. Man what fun that is can't wait to get one in mine. I went down a gravel drive at 10mph and floored it, there is a slight right bend to it, yep just burned the right tire for about 40' at full rpm lol. Would work wonders in this CC and same layout as the Kaw motor.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Is it under that cover on the carb? I'm going to take that off, and the carb, clean it out good and see what makes it tick lol.

Shadowman- wedging the clone into the G9 was not entirely easy because of tight quarters, but well worth it. Man what fun that is can't wait to get one in mine. I went down a gravel drive at 10mph and floored it, there is a slight right bend to it, yep just burned the right tire for about 40' at full rpm lol. Would work wonders in this CC and same layout as the Kaw motor.
My lightly tuned FE290 throws unsuspecting passengers into the dirt with little effort and rooster tails off of gravel and grass tracks. She will run an honest 25 mph on the flat and so far (two years) is completely reliable and very docile if you stay out of the buried pedal pedal mentality. Golf course use only in my defence, but I'm delighted with the sweet nature and aggression on demand nature of her.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Not sure I can get over there to work on it this weekend, it may be the next. It does have an hour meter thinking it was 900 and change. I don't know, that was just first impression of it. I was doing donuts with my G9 and stock tires, but if the carb is messed up then it may not have as much power. I'd guess it is well under 20mph but governor is still working too, and most carts don't do much with small tires and gears they run out of rpm.

I don't know much about these engines either other than they are Kawasaki and supposedly good. I've beat my G9 since '99 with no governor at all and it never complained but its worn out now, even running synthetic all that time. Might as well double the power for the cost of a rebuild. You can't do much with the yami engine, I only hogged the airbox and rejeted mostly clutch work made it run better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car