lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default looking for best new clutch options

to start off,i will be honest..i have purchased many parts from various venders here but i need a 1 inch keyed clutch and have to save mulla this time..
i found many places have the comet 94c and it seems to read like more of what i need..i will have 30hp but prob more soon and have 22-23 now and want to buy this clutch one time..
ive read everyones loves the 780 but its not as beefy and adjustable as the 94c i read?
also i read to get the 94c with the corrugated cover as it is better all around in every way?

i did find it for 200 bucks and seems like a lot of savings that i need right now..
i want it to lock up and launch me whe i want it to
any opinions please?
Comet 94-C Duster Drive Clutch 211493A : Amazon.com : Automotive Comet 94-C Duster Drive Clutch 211493A : Amazon.com : Automotive
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: looking for best new clutch options

yes it will launch but at what cost I drove 1989 marathons cart the other day and for a 94c it was smooth with i would venture to say 30 or so hp it was real nice but i had always heard that they were tough clutchs but seem to wear out in 3-5 years and i did not want to have to tune a new clutch and end up having to rebuild it or replace it in a few years but now im torn on the idea i have recently bought both a 780 comet and a series 06 powerbloc clutch and now i wonder if im really getting that much more for the price i paid for these clutchs vs a 94c i would say go for it but figure on having to tune it for your application and parts cost money. for the 325 for the series 06 from cpp i like the heavier clutch with a larger diameter and for most applications it a bolt on and go from what i understand its good for 50 hp+
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

wow,i would have never thought they would wear so fast..my ole clutch is 27 yrs old and works perfect lol..
now,when you say wear out,,you mean they need rebuilt with inner parts? or entire clutch replacement?
did 89marathon have the ribbed version of the 94c that i read is much better?
i ride in woods mostly and just want a clutch that will"hook up"when i want it to with the pedal
Old 05-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I have the smooth cover on the 94c. If I have to buy a new set of pucks after 5 years, I'm still way ahead. 3 pucks are about $20. I run 6 pucks. The 94c is rated for 30hp btw.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

same as this one. http://vegascarts.com/webstore/index...&products_id=1
im just trying to get the best i can first go around..do you think the ribbed 94c would be a little better like ive read a few places on line?they say it cant slip and that the smooth one is great but allows more slippage iirc..
Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I have read many different opinions. Some say that the smooth cover allows slippage so the belt doesn't have to slip. Others say just the opposite. I've had good luck with mine, but I think that the general consensus is that the ribbed cover is better.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

they both are def good clutches from what i read..i will ask geoff at vegascarts if he can get the ribbed version when the time comes,if not i will go with the smooth
i can get my original clutch bored,,prob by myself as i have big precise 1 inch drill bit but no way to put the keyway in..i been thinking bout a way to lock it up on the shaft if i drilled it but pron not worth my time.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Just get the adapter from CPP if you want to keep your stock clutch.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i hav that adapter new for sale for 40 bucks shipped lol..it wont work with the first model 2 strokes tom told me..found out today.
he said mine was 25 mm instead of 28mm and different taper iirc..its .085 too big to even start into my clutch..live and learn like everything else
Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Im gonna vote for the 94 c
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO