lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #31
firehorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stock 88ezgo gas, runs only with constant choke adjusting

Got it! Ok, I am about to make sure all is clean and dry and put the seals on. if any one is reading this post to learn or just curiosity, let me stress the advice given here about patience, especially if this is your first time into these.

Thanks
firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Don't forget to oil the rubber! I put oil on the crank. If you just oil the seal, the oil will be dragged off as you push the seal over the crank.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
firehorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Seals are in, flywheel, fan and clutch are on. My top end should be here Monday or Tuesday. While the engine is out is there any maintenance to the clutch? Also I have a stock belt and have read about variations for top end or torque. With my previous compression of 65-70 I guess I do not yet know what a stock cart is supposed to feel like. Do I want to entertain the thought of a different Belt? My rebuild isn't over yet but I am very thankful for BGW and all who contribute. I may be able to return the favor to an FNG someday.
firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #34
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

If the belt is close to 1-3/16" in width, you should be fine for now. As to the primary clutch, maybe remove the cover and make sure everything looks clean and is working good.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO