lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
mommascarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Wink 1999 TXT runs in and out

I am going to do my best at describing this...This cart is a 1999 TXT.When the gas pedal is pushed down the cart will run but motor sounds inconsistent.It sounds as if the motor cuts in and out but the motor does not actually cut out.For one second the motor will sound higher then the next second it sounds slightly lower,then the next second back to higher,then the next second lower.....I am trying here....So we removed the carb thinking jet was clogged not allowing good flow of fuel. The bracket holding the pin for the float was broke.We replaced with a new carburetor and the cart is doing the same thing.If anyone has a thought,pleeeez share with me.
thanks so much for your time.
mommascarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1999 TXT runs in and out

I don't know a whole but I was just wondering if it made a difference if you adjusted the choke at all.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
Goochy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

how are the valves
Goochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
mommascarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

A new choke cable was installed because the cart did not have one. Also we opened the valve cover to check them and they were practically stuck shut. They have been adjusted to spec. of .004 and now the cart runs even worse. Not sure what else to do.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What I meant was does the engine run any different if you pulled the choke out 1/4, 1/2 a way? Does it run any different with the air box open? Have you checked the fuel pump? Are you getting good spark? How does it run at half throttle?
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
mommascarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Well the cart runs the same with the air box open and filter removed. Checked the fuel pump and it is working. The spark seems to be fine at this point. What we did notice is the situation does get worse after the cart gets warmed up. We did change the pulsar coil for the heck of it and it is still doing the same thing. Remember it doesn't actually cut out completely. Weird. We are at a loss
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO