lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default G14 Help needed Throttle values

I need the ohms readings and which wires to check. The controller is turning off when you suddenly push the pedal to the floor. Key off and back on Away you go.anyone know what ohms I should see .Throttle may be adjusted wrong. Thanks Rick
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 Help needed Throttle values

White, blue, and green are the throttle wires. Throttle values are 0-1000 ohms for 36v yamahas with a controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G14 Help needed Throttle values

Thanks for the reply.I checked with analog meter .[IIt showed 40 ohms at rest and 975 at full throttle with d.v.o.m. on 1000 scale it showed 41 ohms at rest and 984 at full throttle.That should not shut down the controller.as it is within range of yamahas specs.When the controller was rebuilt they said the the input regulator was out (a problem they don't often see.) Do you think they may have put in a wrong part? Do you know if that section of the controller is programmable by the rebuilder.As to the limit of ohms before shutdown occurs?If I just go 3/4 throttle up to speed and then floor it ,it goes fine. bUT IF I JUST FLOOR IT ,IT ROLLS OUT 10 FT OR SO AND QUITS.turn key off and right back on 1 time even before it comes to a stop and it will proceed..Do you know of anything but the controller that could be causing this ? The batts are new last fall.all wiring clean and tight nothing gets hot after heavy riding(motor warm=normal , controller warm=normal pack volts 40.5 I did notice it is worse when full charged,if that means anything.Also if it shuts down and you pedal up and down the sol is working and is powering up the large wires .Again key off key on (to reset the controller) and away we go. Any input from you is greatly appreciated. Thanks again Rick

[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
White, blue, and green are the throttle wires. Throttle values are 0-1000 ohms for 36v yamahas with a controller.
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha