lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
Gadgetman111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default RoyPow problems

I have a 4 month old RoyPow 51v 56Ah lithium pack in my 2001 Club Car DS. Stock motor and controller. I did not bypass the OBC. I’m using the stock charging port with the smart charger from RoyPow.

I play golf about 4 times a week and typically do not let the battery go below 50% before recharging. The pack has been outstanding... until yesterday.

I had about 70% battery showing when I started driving home from the course (I live on the 2nd hole, so about a mile away). Suddenly the motor cut out and the battery meter was blank. I pressed the reset button and the meter showed one flashing bar. I was close enough to the house to push it into the garage. At first it would not charge. When I cycled the power switch on the pack it started charging. It started at one bar, but after 5 minutes it jumped up to 6 bars and I let it fully charge until the charger cut out.

The next morning it still showed a full 10 bars. I took it out for a drive and noticed the state of charge meter starting to drop as I drove. I made it around the block about 1/2 mile before I got the “beep” at 2 bars. Once again it would not charge until a cycled the power switch on the pack. It charged again to full in about 10 minutes.

I tried disconnecting my charging port and 12v transformer but got the same dramatic drop over 1/2 mile. I contacted RoyPow and they advised me to contact my dealer. I purchased on the internet from a shop in Florida and I live n Arizona. I contacted my seller, but have not heard back.

I suspect it is a problem with the BMS. Volt meter shows 51.6v static, but I haven’t tried to measure under load. I’m pretty sure if I crack open the case to see the BMS I’ll be voiding the warranty and as this forum knows, there is NO documentation available from RoyPow on this pack.

Thanks for reading all this. Any insight will be helpful. Otherwise I’m stuck without a cart while I hunt down a possible warranty claim

Mike
Gadgetman111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car