lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 16S Club Car DS - Controller options?

There are a lot of lithium batteries available from auto manufacturers that fall into multiples that get to 16S from Kia, Fiat, Chevy, etc. that are rather cost effective.

If I were to help my buddy convert his CC to lithium and we went 16S I'd need a new controller for that.

I know Navitas and Alltrax both make a series controller that'll handle this voltage, has anyone installed these into a CC DS? Any recommendations on which is better/easier/more reliable/etc?

How long do you think the stock 48v motor would last on a 68v max pack? I'd imagine it'd do pretty well so long as we kept the amps down. Maybe the Alltrax SR72300?

This is my first foray into the world of Club Cars, so please excuse my ignorance. My buddy is coming over tonight so any insight you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: 16S Club Car DS - Controller options?

The motor would handle the extra voltage just fine, but I wouldn't go with SR72300, I'd go with a SR72500. Most stock motors can handle 500 amps just fine, but if your worried about having too many, just decrease the output in the Alltrax software.

The bigger challenge would be getting a charger to charge to say around 66.7 volts. I think a lot of the generic 10-15a Chinese chargers found on amazon/e-bay use the same trim pots to control the output. So maybe your friend could purchase one of those and adjust the pots every so slight to reach his wanted max charge.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 16S Club Car DS - Controller options?

You need a 16S charger and BMS to do this. I would recommend doing 14S if possible to be closer to stock voltages - but still go with an aftermarket controller.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
68v 72v 16s
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car