lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
outdoorjunke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 Club Car DS IQ Conversion help

Ok I purchased a 48v NEC A123 LifePo4 5kWh 120Ah Battery from techdirectclub off eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/i/114477931258?...UaAvkTEALw_wcB

I wired it exactly the way the stock batteries were wired. Solenoid positive and Red wire from charger plug to the positive side of the battery and negative wire from the controller to the negative side of the battery.

My issues are the cart lost torque and top speed. With the stock batteries it would go 20 to 21 and get there pretty quick. Now it tops out at 18 and takes a while to get there. Also I was told by techdirectclub technical department that my stock powerdrive charger would charge the new lithium batteries. However the charger comes on with the amps peaked out and then the relay on the charger trips.
outdoorjunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
st91ang
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS IQ Conversion help

Looks like you got a battery advertised as 48V but doesn't actually reach 48V. Looking at that listing they say it is 35.0v - 46.8v range which could explain the issue you are having with power.

FYI this guy had the same problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZSvniObQ2Y

I highly doubt the stock charger is appropriate for your new battery but you may be able to reprogram it. I'm just not familiar with the stock charger.
st91ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
outdoorjunke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by st91ang View Post
Looks like you got a battery advertised as 48V but doesn't actually reach 48V. Looking at that listing they say it is 35.0v - 46.8v range which could explain the issue you are having with power.

FYI this guy had the same problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZSvniObQ2Y

I highly doubt the stock charger is appropriate for your new battery but you may be able to reprogram it. I'm just not familiar with the stock charger.
Thank you for your response. I'm going to try and return it.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
outdoorjunke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok its going to cost me $200 in shipping and a 20% restocking fee $200 is there any way I can add batteries to get the proper voltage?
Old 11-11-2020, 09:53 PM   #5
st91ang
Not Yet Wild

That would be quite an undertaking in researching how to match the batteries best and then protect them with a BMS. You might be better off trying to sell it and buy what you really need.

Just my opinion though.
st91ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car