lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2021, 11:55 PM   #1
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Roypow charging

Just purchased a Roypow S51105 and had it installed for $2095 excluding tax. The dealer fully charged the unit prior to me picking it up, but I failed to ask for any O&M manual before I left the dealer. I checked on the website, but could not find any O&M manual. Can anyone provide me with a source for this document - mainly the correct way to charge this unit for extended life? I have run my cart through 3 rounds of golf with a mile of travel to the course and a mile return - four bars still remain on a ten bar SOC meter. Looks to be about 5 miles of travel per bar. Thanks for your help.
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2021, 07:28 AM   #2
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Roypow charging

When it gets down to two bars, the bars will flash and it will beep for a few seconds. That’s the indicator to charge it - just plug it in and let it charge until the charger shuts off.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I know of no manual. Like jonr3 said, when it gets to 2 bars it will beep a few times, you need to head back to charger. I let it get to only 1 bar once because I was so far away and I went about 1/2 mile before cart quit...I waited a few minutes and it charged itself enough to make it the 100 yards back to charger (don't reccomend). I usually put on charger at 3-4 bars, but it doesn't hurt to charge before then. You may put on charger for short period just to boost charge up if you are in a hurry and can't wait for full charge to complete.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #4
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
When it gets down to two bars, the bars will flash and it will beep for a few seconds. That’s the indicator to charge it - just plug it in and let it charge until the charger shuts off.
"the charger shuts off" - That was one of my concerns. So the charger will not need to be on a timer for a certain length of time - it will shut off automatically once the battery is fully charged. Even if the charger remains hooked up for days. Is this correct? As always - Thanks for your help.
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I love this place and the helpful folks as much as anyone here. But if I just dropped 2k on a setup from roypow and had questions like this, I think I’d just call roypow and get the information direct from them.

Just my .02
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun000 View Post
"the charger shuts off" - That was one of my concerns. So the charger will not need to be on a timer for a certain length of time - it will shut off automatically once the battery is fully charged. Even if the charger remains hooked up for days. Is this correct? As always - Thanks for your help.
Yes, charger cuts off after fully charging, no timer needed. I have also charged for an hour (went from 3 bars to about 6 bars) and unplugged charger because I needed to use it. Did a quick charge, my understanding is that this is perfectly acceptable to do.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car