lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
jqueen930
Not Yet Wild

Default Eco Battery in 07 Precedent Question

Hello All,
I'm a new member, and I've searched the threads but can't find one that adequately answers my question. If there is a thread out there that does, please feel free to direct me.

I have a 07 Precedent with the controller and OBC located in the middle of the 4 12V fla batteries. I'm looking to put lithium batteries in and ECO looks to be a good option. Does anyone have any experience in dropping in the ECO battery unit in a center controller/OBC Precedent model? The ECO Battery website says it will require some minor cutting and modifications to the tray. I'm wondering if the ECO battery will fit without having to move the controller and OBC panel. I've seen videos where the RoyPow required this.

I'm also assuming I can remove the OBC once the lithium batteries are installed. Is that a good idea?

Please let me know if you've had problems with ECO or suggest another brand. Thank you very much for any help/advice you can give me!!!
jqueen930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2021, 05:06 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Eco Battery in 07 Precedent Question

You won't need the OBC after you switch to Lithium because the new charger that will be required won't work with the OBC. I don't have any experience with the rest of this - my carts are Yamahas.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:16 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like Volt_Ampere said, you won't need the OBC any more with any lithium setup you go with.

As far as the ECO Battery, I couldn't be happier with it. In case you missed my conversion post here it is:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178404

The 72ah battery will fit where two of your 12 volt batteries sit with probably no modification. The footprint of two 12volt batteries is about 13" x 14.25". The 72ah EB is 13.36" X 10.48". The height is about 1/4" shorter so you should have no problem. The 105ah EB is 13.25" x 12.25" so this should fit also. If there are ribs in your tray bottom that separated the 12 volt batteries, they may need to be cut out.

I don't know which ah you are considering. I was concerned about the 72 having enough range for my 20+ mile runs. It handles them easily and actually will get me close to 40 miles before I hit my self imposed limit of 51.5 volts or about 20% SOC.

EB has been very responsive to my questions. I have chatted with techs twice on two different Sunday evenings. I'm really impressed by there follow-up after the sale. I purchased off their website, not from a distributor.

The kits come complete with everything you need for the installation. There are no hidden charges for other items you will learn you don't have. It's all there.

Unfortunately, all of the ECO 48 volt kits are out of stock until October 1.

Good luck with your conversion!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:11 AM   #4
jqueen930
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help!

Tom, I saw your post. One of the main reasons I think Eco will be my best option. Thanks, again.
jqueen930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueen930 View Post
Thanks for the help!

Tom, I saw your post. One of the main reasons I think Eco will be my best option. Thanks, again.
You're welcome! And to BGW!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco battery, lithium, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car