lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need hill climbing power! controller or motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Check out my latest post. I thought the Bandit was for all CCs
Seems like you found it.

On PQ's website, I dont see it available for a Series? Maybe it just isnt listed for some odd reason.
PlumQuick Bandit
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #12
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

A quick search appears that they do work in Series carts (as long as it is a series )
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #13
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

I will post my sn# later but it was a regeneration motor in it and plum crazy sold me the bandit for it. Still has speed sensor. It is a power drive cart.
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #14
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

OK, you have a PD Plus cart. As far as I know, there is not a controller upgrade for these older Regen1 / Regen2 carts. Are your batteries up to snuff? They may be fine on flat terrain, but may drop out on any hill
Old 01-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I just put a bandit motor on my 99 regen 2. Speed sensor is there but I have it out of circurt for running. Cart runs 18+ mph. Goes up pretty steep hill behind my house with no problem. Hill I would guess 45 to 50 deg slope.

On edit my batteries are 8 month old t875's and 4 gauge welding cables.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #16
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

You want torque, new motor alone will only do so much, larger cables and larger controller will allow higher current flow to the motor. I'd keep your bandit and first try largr cables 2 gauge you will see a difference when going up the hills, if that isn't enough then upgrade the controller. If then you're still not happy then the motor. Unless you want to rip it all out and convert to a series cart, yes they run cooler and you can do a lot of things, just comes at a price. lots of avaliable options, read up on it before you spend all sorts of money and turn out you're not happy with the results. Also when upgrading as always things can go wrong or create other inforseen issues resulting in more cost.

2 cents worth LOL we all have opinons, do your homework.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #17
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I forgot, Alltrax makes the upgraded controller (such as THIS) for Regen 2 carts. It's the Regen 1 carts that don't have an upgraded controller option
Old 01-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #18
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

s/n A9840-700228
the batteries were only 4 months old when I tried this out. Got the cart installed new motor old one was trashed, installed a rebuilt controller, installed all new Duracell 8v golf cart batteries, installed lift and tires and rear seat. I have stock battery cables on it I will try adding higher gauge ones this spring when it warms up. Love the cart would love it more if it would get up the hill. its pretty steep but like I said I had to stock none lifted 36volt carts climb it like champs. I am sure this would have with out the lift?
Old 01-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #19
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

My lifted 03 IQ pulls fine with 08 T-875s
Old 01-22-2015, 07:02 AM   #20
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...cal-parts.html

This is exactly the same cart I started with wish he had it for sale when I started to rebuild it! The person I got it from his kids towed it in run and destroyed the motor through the controller. Anyway this is what I have everything is the same except for my Bandit motor.
does this help? I think it might be a 220 amp controller? I got the controller rebulit for like $275.00 could not find a used one. should have upgraded the controller then but didn't know what caused the controller to smoke! Anyway all is good.

I did have to switch the wires on the motor from rev to fwd when I hooked it all back up to factory wiring it would go in rev for forward and forward in rev with buzzer going. I was told at that point to swap the motor leads seemed to work good, could this be part of my problem?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car