lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2015, 06:47 AM   #1
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Golf cart got flooded, need advice ASAP

Long story short, I brought my 02'DS home from our seasonal camper for a full tear down and rebuild because of a twisted/bent frame from accident with a tree. Worked hard for two 2 weeks after work in order to complete it and get it back to out trailer for our long weekend coming up. I completed it Sat morning and that same night our house (along with every one else on the street) get flooded. Problem is I have a downgrade driveway and my garage got 30" of water.

Water got just above the top of batteries so my concerns are for the insurance company coming today are:

-The batteries (only one year old, could sewer water have gotten in?)
-The MCOR was submerged (I understand its sealed but is it meant to be submerged)?
-The motor?
-The rear end gears?
-The solenoid?
-The controller (water got up about 1" onto it, DCX400)
-New L.E.D light kit (rear light full of water)
-Forward/reverse switch

I understand some of the components might be fine but will they be 2 months from now?

Thanks
yannicksjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Golf cart got flooded, need advice ASAP

Anything that got wet is toast. Lots of times you can open things up and clean them with hot water then dry real good with a hair drier. A heat gun may be too hot. If this can be done in the first 24 hours it can work out just fine. Problem is the insurance company needs to see things before you do anything. By the time they get there it's too late.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Anything that got wet is toast. Lots of times you can open things up and clean them with hot water then dry real good with a hair drier. A heat gun may be too hot. If this can be done in the first 24 hours it can work out just fine. Problem is the insurance company needs to see things before you do anything. By the time they get there it's too late.
ya, insurance told me not to touch anything until they see it. They've been here all week but haven't got to the gold cart yet because there waiting for their "electrician tester" to come here and test various things. Its now been almost 4 days......i'm sure some of the internal electronics have started to corrode
Old 07-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

In that case, anything electric that got wet is a total loss. Don't let them bs you.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It will need major work to restore it.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A customer submerged his cart above the seat for 20 minutes. the battery water levels were the same as before the submerging. Take a look.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #7
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A customer submerged his cart above the seat for 20 minutes. the battery water levels were the same as before the submerging. Take a look.
Battery levels look O.K. There definitely not full to the top but can't tell for sure if any water was added. I heard any non-distilled water getting mixed into the cells can be very bad, let alone contaminated water. Scotty, how do you feel about the rest of components, especially the motor, solenoid, controller and Mcor?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would take the motor off and dry it out with compressed air and run it when and if they allow you to start restoring it or ?
Personally I don't see everything as a total loss but, you have to let it sit until the insurance Co. sees it.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #9
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

I definitely don't see it as a total lost but id rather be safe then sorry down the line
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hundreds of flood carts were rehabbed after Katrina and that was salt water. Those carts were not 100% loss.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car