lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #11
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Need New Batteries. What Is The Latest & Greatest

Quote:
every since Trojan went to crap
News to me, did they really?
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #12
aviator160
Getting Wild
Club Car

(every since Trojan went to crap) Wow,,, that is news to me. Please don't let my golf cart, running on two year old trojan batteries and running great know your opinion.
aviator160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #13
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator160 View Post
(every since Trojan went to crap) Wow,,, that is news to me. Please don't let my golf cart, running on two year old trojan batteries and running great know your opinion.
Well then there is a whole mess of people running around here with crap batteries and giving crappy praises too... LOL
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:43 PM   #14
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well the Trojan you spoke of show a 20hr rate of 150
The USBATTERY has a 20hr rate of 220
The Trojan capacity @75 Amps 70 mins
The USBATTERY is Discharge @ 75 Amps: 117

The USBattery is light years better than that Trojan trash and USBattery prices for far less for higher quality product.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:40 AM   #15
aviator160
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartattach View Post

The USBattery is light years better than that Trojan trash and USBattery prices for far less for higher quality product.
I do understand your support for the USBattery.
I felt that your main objective was to insult one company and those who use its product. General (trash) talk statement tend to lead folks that way.
In my opinion a statement that you support the USbattery because they have a superior product and why, would put USbattery and yourself in a better light.
aviator160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:46 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Apparently those battery "facts" are really only "claims" made by each manufacturer and not regulated by any single agency.

It is kind of hard to compare batteries based on specs when they can be "manufactured" as well.

This is a couple of years old now, but demonstrates the problems with claims:

http://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/The...%20Battery.pdf
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Apparently those battery "facts" are really only "claims" made by each manufacturer and not regulated by any single agency.

It is kind of hard to compare batteries based on specs when they can be "manufactured" as well.

This is a couple of years old now, but demonstrates the problems with claims:

http://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/The...%20Battery.pdf
Very interesting read Sergio, thank you....

What I take away from threads like this is that sometimes someone gets a bad taste in there mouth for a product and no matter the real reason they can't remove this dislike for said product. And that's all well and good for them but for me it takes very little away from the fact that real world results are posted right here on these very forums by each of us.... When you read 2K + post praising Trojan and 2.3 post trashing them that in the end holds little water in my book....

I ended up buying Crowns when my stock batteries needed to be replaced as Crowns were commonly praised here and were easy to find; I would have bought Trojans if they were common to where I live. Perhaps I'm a lemming that for after some research I simply followed the crowd perhaps not...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #18
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

I took those stats directly from the Trojan and USBattery sites. The numbers are the ones that each manufacturer posts themselves. I also stated earlier in the thread, where the OP asked for a latest and greatest, that these were the high end batteries offered by US. In my opinion, Trojan has become overpriced. I also find it interesting that they are basically the only maker who has replaceable post on their batteries.....leads one to believe that maybe their posts blow more often, but that's just an inference based on that few, if any others offer the same service. I have used Trojan, Crown, Duracell, Interstate, US Battery, Deka, NAPA, and recycle batteries all over the years. US Battery seems to have the least number of issues and the best lifespan. Their pricing is far better than Trojan anyday of the week, and even the equivalent models (again the ones I posted were the superbad version) are rated nearly identically. I have a little more experience than the average single cart user given that I have used all those units, and thus I offered my insight to the OP as to the best choice for him wanting a really solid battery choice. If my opinion of the best somehow leaves distaste in your mouth about something else, or you feel that it's an insult than you have misread my post. I dont insult one company or another (unless I see egregious errors) For the money, performance and lifespan there are few options better than the ones I posted. I have run them in 6x6 and in 6x8 configurations with amazing success.

And while less related, if memory serves didn't EZGO stop using Trojan in the RXV line due to issues with them? I think I recall them removing all the Trojans under some sort of free replacement plan due to extensive problems. Again, not related to this topic but as to terms of performance and lifespan, if there are issues past or present then he should be made aware of such so that he can further research and understand the wad of cash he's about to put out for a new battery bank. I know I'd want to know everything if I was spending that much loot on batteries that at best may last 5-6 years.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:03 PM   #19
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartattach View Post

So, these specs are for the Trojan T-1275 and the US 185 HC XC2 correct? The capacity of the US in this case is much higher than the Trojan but is this an apples to apples comparison? The US is much bigger at 3" longer and 3" taller. Will it even fit in a CC? Also what is the price of each in your area?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #20
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
So, these specs are for the Trojan T-1275 and the US 185 HC XC2 correct? The capacity of the US in this case is much higher than the Trojan but is this an apples to apples comparison? The US is much bigger at 3" longer and 3" taller. Will it even fit in a CC? Also what is the price of each in your area?
The answers to your questions are:
Yes, the specs were from the manufacturers websites for the highest capacity battery offered. The Trojan is the T1275 PLUS model. The US Battery is the 185HC XC2
US offers a more extensive line, or should I say a greater availability of compatible batteries that are a little larger. The 185HCXC2 is listed as a "scrubber/sweeper/multipurpose unit." As to fitment, it depends on the seat you have with the height of the post. The plastic seats on the older precedent had a grid type recessed plastic bottom that leaves clearance for height. As to the length, you have room for 15" easy. 15.5 is even doable. Without one on hand to drop into a cart, I can't speak for 15 5/8. It would be close. After looking at all this, I realize I got ahead of myself on this topic. The installs I did weren't with 12V units. They were with 6V commercial batteries for a forklift or something of the sort. I can't remember all the crazy stuff I have installed. Now, if someone asked me to get that big ole set of 12's in their precedent and was willing to have a few minor modifications then I'd take the job as I think it can be done without much extra effort.

As it's 530 I can't call and get a price on the batteries, they closed at 5. I can only tell you US though, as I cut ties with the Trojan suppliers I used to use. Nowadays if I must have a set of Trojans I just buy them just like you would, from someone like Batteries Plus or the like.

The US Battery US 12V XC2 has a 20 hour rating of 155, and the retail price varies on vendor, but somewhere around $180 in a retail setting. If you walked in my door and had the cores to exchange you'd walk out at $650 + tax. I'm not trying to retire on every customer that comes through the door though so I offer pretty good pricing and beat all my local competitors. But remember, the 12V core is a very valuable thing. Like to the tune of $32 each. A quick and not all to thorough search yielded the price of the T1275plus at $210 each. Simple math for even me
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car