lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
BDann
Not Yet Wild

Default Starting the mods, need advice

OK experts, I'm starting to modify my series txt. I'm converting from 36V to 48V by installing new trojan 875's, along with 2g cables. I also have a HD solenoid and F/R switch and alltrax controller to install.

Is there a certain order that I should do all this to make it go smoother?

Thanks in advance!
BDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting the mods, need advice

You didn't mention cables. I would expect a complete cable upgrade as well.
If you are unsure of how this all goes it may be easier to break it up into 2 projects so if it fails you don't become overwhelmed with the number of possible mal functions.
So F&R could be first or second but it can be a separate install from the controller and solenoid. Then test drive the cart just enough to make sure it goes forward and back. 4-10 ft is all you need to move or a few revolutions of the tire on jacks. (nothing crazy - no load revs can smoke a motor quickly)

Assuming the cart runs before the upgrade it should be a simple project. tag and photograph everything before disassemble so you have a reference - otherwise you'll be back saying " Guys help, where does the blue wire go?"
Attached is my coach sheet for series controller replacement...Good luck

Series controller replacement procedure from Carts Unlimited

Use masking tape and pen to mark the location of the big cables and wires. Tag each cable & note which wires are on which side of the solenoid and which wires are on the terminal nearest the diode stripe . Photos are a good reference also.
Marking and referencing the cables and wires prior to disassembly assures a trouble free & successful install, it is the most important step in the install process. Please be thorough and detailed. Using both photos and tags is the best recipe for success. Read and understand the diode install sheet now.
Disconnect the main Negative battery cable at the pack. Disconnect the Positive battery pack cable. Remove all cables and wires from the solenoid & controller. Double check that they are marked and you know which wire belongs on controller B+, M-, or B- as marked on the controller. Failure to install these cables on the correct terminals may cause damage not covered by any warranty.
Tag and remove small wires and mark their location #1,2,3, or 4 as indicated on the controller housing. They will install in the same order as originally installed.
NOTE - Do not install the controller cover with aftermarket controllers.
TRIPLE CHECK :
Check the diode orientation on the solenoid. Match to your original drawings and pictures. Verify with the diode install instruction sheet and if possible use a meter to locate the + and - side of the activation circuit ( the 2 small posts)
If a main fuse is supplied, install it between the controller B- post and the main negative cable. Put the fuse in line between the main battery negative post and the controller B- terminal. Not all controllers require a main fuse.
Once you are certain all wires and cables are installed correctly reconnect the main + and - battery cables. Test operation in forward and reverse.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO