lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
CoryN
Not Yet Wild

Default Build Advice

New to the golf cart world. Just sold my Meyers Manx that I built from scratch and plan to build up a pair of golf carts. We are looking to move to a lake/golf community so I want to have a pair of golf carts that will be used for golf and also for tooling around the neighborhood / lake. Kind of a his and hers so we can both do our own thing and can accommodate a foursome if the kids want to play a round of golf with us or we bring another couple out to the course.

I am leaning towards buying a pair of former fleet cars, 2010 Club Car Precendents as my starting point, and customizing them from there.

I was thinking having two of the same cart would make sense both from my learning curve in the build and for having them somewhat comparable in speed and capability when they are complete.

Does that make sense? And is the Precedent a good choice in terms of availability of aftermarket parts like lights and lift kits etc?

Thanks in advance for your input

Cory
CoryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Default Re: Build Advice

Cory,

If it were me I'd go with a pair of DS carts. It sounds like you are a tinkerer and hence you are going to end up replacing pretty much everything. It will be cheaper to pick up a DS than a Precedent (cuz they are older) and there are tons of aftermarket parts available.

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Build Advice

The prrecedent is a good platform to work with parts are fairly easy to get just check the site sponsors here and they can set you up with whatever you need. IMO the ds cart is a smoother ride than the precedent but both are good carts. Welcome to the addiction.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car