lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
Fishing Diablo
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 EZGO FJ400 Kawasaki bogging down

I am new to the forumn & just obtained this cart recently. Starts up fine - but once I go to press the pedal it's chokes/bogs down. A few seconds and it will rev up. Likes to run at certain RPM (Not Slow). If I try to slow down it goes thru the whole bog down until I open up the throttle. Also every now & then it will backfire. Original owner had carb replaced but I didn't witness & it looks like it may have been rebuilt instead of new. I have adjusted valves. Could it still be a carb issue? Any help would be appreciated. Having never owned a FJ400 Kawasaki I don't know how smooth this particular motor can be?
Fishing Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2020, 09:50 PM   #2
Trukntigger
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 EZGO FJ400 Kawasaki bogging down

My 2013 pretty smooth across the power band so no, shouldn't be doing that. This said few details missing but if assume pretty much stock I'd guess fuel issue. Dirty filter? Pump issue? Doubt due to high speeds ok. Carb wise meh, its hard. Told was replaced but looks more like rebuilt or maybe just cleaned up some?

Personally I will say this, ethanol fuel causes problems in anything that sits for long periods of time from my experience. Unfortunately not everyone can purchase fuel without it but worth the effort and cost if you can get it. If it sat a while and that was what was in it that stuff breaks down and I found it tends to gum up the jets, plug filters and after a good while you will even see varnish like floaties in a gas tank. Lesson learned and nothing that sits long gets it for me. Considering you say it starts and the upper speed seems good I would bet solid money on the low speed jet is gummed up. This is exactly what I saw performance wise on a 150cc scooter with a honda knock off engine. Ended up low speed jet plugged up, used a piece of stiff wire (from a wire brush- was handy) to clear it out, ran like new after and never put ethanol containing gas in it, my lawn mowers, weed wacker, fishing boat nor my cart ever again.
Trukntigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

First thing is first, look at the side of the carb body. Tell us what name is stamped into the side. Should say mikuni if I'm not mistaken
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 11:55 PM   #4
Predataber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just checking in. I’m having some bogging as well.
Predataber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO