lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2020, 04:04 PM   #11
offgridcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G22E Power

I have not yet gotten to the wire upgrade. However, a new set of symptoms presented.
- Initial complaint by radio from the dearest one, no power and very sluggish response.
- After waiting a while for me to get to her with tool belt and VOM, she went ahead and gave it another go, and got herself out of the woods, though slowly.
- I felt the relay, controller, and motor; all were hotter than I would like. 114, 117, 215 degrees F respectively.
- no loose or hot battery wires.
- wires at the relay, controller and motor were all hotter than desirable.
- The cooling off, even a little, produced a noticeable improvement.
- Unfortunately, I was unable to duplicate the situation back at the house, to see if temporarily bypassing the relay made any difference.
- I was able to duplicate the mild clicking sound with the pedal barely depressed, but was unable to verify yet if it was from the relay
- That got me to thinking, and confirmed by my dearest one, that she may have been doing a lot of "just barely moving" observation of plant life along the forest path, including pausing with the accelerator slightly depressed. She confirmed that this was the case.
- So, with all that in mind, I am guessing that a relay(a properly functioning one) will not care what the pedal position is. If the pedal moves, coil gets energized, the plunger is in; otherwise it is out. I do need to pin down the source of the clicking though.
- Between the motor and the controller, my intuition would tell me the motor would suffer the most from repeated very slow movement, even if the car is lightly loaded. Would any of the aftermarket motor or controller choices be better suited to these conditions, especially coupled with the above mentioned pulling power from stop?
- I recognize the need to get off the pedal when not moving.
offgridcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
electric power increase
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha