lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Yamaha vs. EZ/CC? YDRE

I've been researching like crazy about CC and EZGo carts as I try to purchase one locally. I hadn't considered Yamaha since they are pretty rare on the various classifieds, but an '07 YDRE popped up for a $1500 with 3 1/2 year old batteries. Seems decent, and around here people are getting $1500 for '90s CCs. I was fairly set on getting a CC, is there any disadvantage or advantage of the Yamaha, if it turns out to be a nice cart? I anticipate replacing the batteries sooner than later based on age. Are they as easily upgradable than the others? (Lift, tires, 20+ mph, rear seat, curtains). Thanks for the assist.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha vs. EZ/CC? YDRE

I have an 07 YDRE and check the rear axle first. That year they installed the white tag rear axles that have been a nightmare and many have failed. I've had multiple electrical issues as well and almost junked it. Thanks to Don Plowman at Plowman's Cart's, I installed a new alltrax Controller, HD solenoind and new motor. Cart runs good now, but was a nighmare at first. He also suggested switching from 4, 12V batteries to 6, 8V's and I have much longer range
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha vs. EZ/CC? YDRE

Well it is everyone's own opinion. You cannot go wrong with a yamaha. The ydre is a great cart. Easy to upgrade, good quality. Any and all upgrades are available. I have a g22 which is kind of an oddball and I can still get everything. I have worked on my buddy's ydre and it is a very nice cart. Just remember the lug nuts are metric 😉
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha