lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
Balderdash!
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha vs Star vs EZ-GO

New here on the Forum. Be gentle...!

New resident of The Plantation at Leesburg. Checking out electric carts because gas is not allowed on our two golf courses. I want a 4-seater because family that might visit will always arrive as a twosome, so I need that extra seating capacity.

The roadside Cart Paths here are ROUGH, to say the least. Not as nice as at, say, The Villages. So, I started asking questions and two issues came up frequently: Independent Suspension on ALL Four Wheels - and some newer carts that do not have this, but are smoother than standard carts.

My instinct tells me to go with Yamaha. But am I mistaken in thinking they are the ONLY manufacturer offering IRS (Independent Rear Suspension)? Or have other manufacturers come onboard? And did Yamaha only offer this starting in 2017?

Secondly, I found a VERY nice Star EV Sirius cart that is only one year old. Price is somewhat within reach. It has IFS (Independent Front Suspension) and has "car-like" suspension in the Rear. A few comments by members here say the Sirius rides much smoother than any older type. But then the quality may not match the Yamaha - problem being I have not found a decently-priced used Yamaha PowerTech. Not sure if there are other models that include IRS.

Finally, I really like the flip-over rear seat of the Star EV Sirius 2+2 I am looking at - which includes the Extended Roof. Does anyone offer an add-on that allows you to carry golf bags where that Extended Roof does not interfere when pulling clubs out?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am having a hard time finding any reliable info online. Very few Reviews. No real dependability data other than hearsay. No comparison reports.
Balderdash! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha vs Star vs EZ-GO

Bypass the Sirius....I had one ...many isssues ...bad rack n pinion locks up at
extreme turns ...would cut out even with full battery pack...brakes are very bad quality...parking brake quit working...my dealer was very proactive to make warranty repairs...Star took about 2 months to get replacement parts
all work under warranty....new steering rack, drums and brakes...also the brake actuator bar from brake pedal to brake wire yoke was bent from factory.

Trunk release would not fully release the trunk lid dealer could not adjust it
as Star messed up the design with no adjustment possible

Siriusly a pile of junk...forget the pretty and beautiful features stay away...dealer took it back in trade for an Icon I40...glad I got rid of it.

Yamaha makes great carts as well as EZGO...but Icon offers more bang for the buck with 4 wheel hydraulic brakes plus an ac toyota electric motor and toyota
controller plus a beautiful control panel...

Take a look:

https://iconev.com/

best wishes on your search
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha vs Star vs EZ-GO

Forgot to say the Sirius is a rough harsh riding cart ...
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha