lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2021, 06:36 AM   #1
drr455
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2016 EZGO LTO Gas - Won't turn off and more

HI all , i recently picked up a 2016 ezgo gas cart and i am having a couple problems.

first one is when i take my foot off the gas it will continue to "idle" just barely enough to move the cart. usually stepping on and releasing the gas pedal quickly will get it to turn off.

second problem , is in reverse it seems like it slips out of reverse and the engine runs and make a clicking sound , then if you push the reverse lever up and down a little bit it will jump back into reverse ?

any help would be appreciated , i am new to golf carts and just trying to get this one going .... Thanks alot
drr455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 EZGO LTO Gas - Won't turn off and more - please help

Sounds like some sticking cables. Not familiar with the 2016 model, but based on your description, the cables aren't traveling smoothly via input from either the accelerator pedal arm, or the F/R mechanism. Was the cart a flood cart, or maybe salt air environment? I'd get some lube in the cables and work them a bunch to smooth things out. If there are frays, it will be time for new cables. Again, guessing as I am not familiar with the 2016s.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:34 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

16 should have the Kawasaki engine. It has 2 relays. One for the starter and one for the kill circuit of the coil. If the kill relay fails it will keep running without the starter engaged so if you move the throttle by hand it will rev up. If the starter relay sticks it will not rev up by hand. Try rapping the side of the starter solenoid with a screwdriver handle next time it happens and see if it quits.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #4
Scott quail
Gone Wild

There is an adjustment near the back of the motor. If you move the fnr lever youll see it. You can adjust there for FNR. Sounds like its not fully engaging reverse and its popping out.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:26 PM   #5
drr455
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi , thanks for the info. it is a flood cart , engine was rebuilt and replaced starter generator by the person i bought it from. it does rev up manually. not sure where to start ?
Old 09-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #6
drr455
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

also it does have the Kawasaki engine
Old 09-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #7
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Sounds like the pedal micro switch is bad. Power shouldncome from the key switch to the pedal switch to ths solenoid so if its not turning off id say its that switch. Located under the floor in the pedal box.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:22 PM   #8
drr455
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you all for the help , adjusting the cables took care of the problem of it going into reverse, i think it was just not fully engaging as someone said.

The throttle and staying running / "idling" is still a problem, i was planning on ordering the switch under the floor mat but i did notice one thing. on the top of the carb where the throttle cable attaches it seems like it only closes fully when you release the pedal fast. when you let off the pedal lightly it doesn't go to the fully closed position and if i push it to the fully closed position if turns off ? would this be an adjustment of cables or a problem with the carb ?

it does supposedly have a new carburetor
Old 09-05-2021, 05:13 AM   #9
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2016 EZGO LTO Gas - Won't turn off and more

If it revs up manually without the pedal being pressed then that means coil is still getting power. Im not 100% familiar with the lto if its the same setup as the TXT or valor. So i cannot say if the governor adjustment is keeping the throttle open or if its sticking cables but press the pedal with the key off and check for anything not moving freely with the pedal. Just a process of elimination as to where its getting stuck at.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO