lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2021, 05:57 AM   #1
VicsPerformance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face 2 cycle 244cc timing marks?

Hi I have a 1988 ezgo with the 2 cycle engine that has lost power. I put a new secondary clutch on it because it had some damage from previous owner. But both clutches are going in and out as they should. I am finding that the plug is wet. Like it's not burning all of the fuel. It has 140lbs of compression. It fires right up, just down on power. I am wanting to check timing. Can someone help me. Thanks
VicsPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2021, 08:23 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 cycle 244cc timing marks?

Take the fuel pump apart. Look for a lower ripped diaphragm. It also sounds like your tester is not accurate. 120 is the best the factory could do.

Post #22 is the 88 manual. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=105501&page=3

This thread shows inside the fuel pump. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=98839
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:28 PM   #3
VicsPerformance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did clean the fuel pump too. And it squirts out when I run it disconnected. The gauge was jumping around I figured 140 tops, but 120 is about right. Thanks for the manual. I'll check it out.
Another weird note is that it seems to run better in reverse. Not by a lot but slightly.
VicsPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

My fuel pump had clear diaphragms which made it really hard to see a crack, but it was there. The buggy still ran, but ran poorly and smelled rich......

Keep in mind especially if you still have oil injection, when the lower diaphragm has a breach then unmixed fuel (from the tank) will get drawn directly into the crankcase resulting in a super lean mix. Oil injection happens after the carb on it's way to the crankcase, I was lucky as I premix mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20200915_180510 (2).jpeg (232.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200916_092910.jpg (198.4 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO