lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2022, 11:05 AM   #1
checkoutmyjunk
Not Yet Wild

Default 950 series with gas engines

Hello all,

I have a 955e and I’m disappointed with the performance. Looking at a gas conversion as a solution I’ve discovered that the 950s did come from textron with a 350cc engine. I’m curious if a txt has all the bits I need to swap. I do understand the txts generally don’t have 350s but the axel, the mounting, gas tank and so on….

Pictures of a 950 series gas engine would be a massive help.

My 955e is. 2001
checkoutmyjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2022, 10:48 AM   #2
checkoutmyjunk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 950 series with gas engines

Not one single persons been down this road?
checkoutmyjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I haven't worked with the 950 series carts, and never done a electric to gas conversion, but as far as gas to gas, the transaxles for the TXTs and workhorse/MPT line are all the same. Clutches vary....TXTs have 36 degree driven clutch, while the workhorse MPT line have 28 degree clutches. (More torque early, but since they are the same diameter, same top speed. All the gas frames were constructed with the same dimensions to accept the TXT or workhorse engine mounts. I don't expect the electric frame is set up to accept gas components, so some fabbing would be necessary. Welding a whole back half with engine mounts included might be possible if you find a quality donor without a lot of corrosion.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:56 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

It would be next to impossible to install a gas engine in the electric cart you have unless you got one of these right next to it. If you did then you wouldn't need to change it over. Not saying it couldn't be done but I would sure hate to be the one to do it.

Engine is under second seat and gas tank under third. I have worked on this one and it has lots of power pulling hills.

Hope this the info you wanted . Not sure what year model this one is but I think its the 950 something Maybe someone can tell by looking at pictures what year model this one is. I don't have a clue.

It was right across from my shop. I had forgot about it when you posted. This one has the 352 MCI engine in it. Someone could have installed it from the PreMci. I really don't know. Its also for sale by the owner.

Again I hope these pictures give you an idea on how the engine is mounted. Not like the workhorse or txt carts. I can get more pictures if you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo 950 series gas cart.jpg (170.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Another ezgo picture.jpg (391.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front view on the 950 series.jpg (210.4 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO