lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2022, 04:07 AM   #1
Jpudds
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2005 TXT Not starting

2005 gas EZGO TXT runs great, won't start on full throttle,
`If i go down to crank and then start position runs ok, if I go straight to full throttle nothing.
Could it be the throttle pedal switch
Jpudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2022, 06:35 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT Not starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpudds View Post
2005 gas EZGO TXT runs great, won't start on full throttle, Why would you want it to do that?
`If i go down to crank and then start position runs ok, I dont understand what you mean by this!!!!!! if I go straight to full throttle nothing. That is probably because your fuel mixture is messed up by stamping down at full throttle.
Could it be the throttle pedal switch Yes it could, but it can be any number of other things too.
Trying to help here but I dont have much information to work with!

I am assuming you have a 295cc Robin twin cylinder engine. Is this something that just started to happen or has it been gradual?

What condition is the engine in generally, when was the last time the air filter was replaced, same with the spark plugs. How old is the fuel. what compression do you have on both cylinders, have you checked the valve lash. Are your clutches opening up fully when the engine is not running.

Again, assuming you have the 295 engine, and the original carb, I am going to suggest cleaning out your carb thoroughly by stripping it down and making sure fuel can pass through all jets and drillings, particularly the transition drillings. Make sure you have no air leaks between the carb and the engine, make sure you have a good clean air filter that fits snug with no leaks etc.

This is all assuming the carb is stock OEM and not a cheap replacement from amazon or ebay.

Have you changed anything on the engine recently regarding fuel and ignition?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO