lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2022, 05:36 PM   #1
Gregr1971
Not Yet Wild

Default MCI 350cc and pre MCI 295cc Question

I have a tired pre mci 295 in my txt and have acquired an mci 350 that is in great shape, other than where the muffler studs go into the head. The PO tried to drill out broken studs and used a 5/8 bit, so the head is junk. My question is will my pre mci head fit on the mci block? Will this wiring match up between engines?
Thanks
Gregr1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2022, 05:55 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: MCI 350cc and pre MCI 295cc Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregr1971 View Post
I have a tires pre mci 295 in my txt and have acquired an mci 350 that is in great shape, other than where the muffler studs go into the head. The PO tried to drill out broken studs and used a 5/8 bit, so the head is junk. My question is will my pre mci head fit on the mci block? Will this wiring match up between engines?
Thanks
No, won't fit. Different engines. Sorry.
Take a picture of the MCI head , upload it here and let us see how bad it is. A good machinist can work magic
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:02 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

All of the wiring, ignitor, and coil are different as well.

If you can get a stud in the head (or I’ve used bolts and lock washers as well) the exhaust flange will seat fine. If the one on the drivers side is stripped out it’s because the lower bolt at the bottom of the muffler was not tightened and put extra stress on the top ones. Top ones snug is good they don’t have to be cranked down hard. The bottom one is supposed to support the muffler’s weight
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:56 PM   #4
Gregr1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
No, won't fit. Different engines. Sorry.
Take a picture of the MCI head , upload it here and let us see how bad it is. A good machinist can work magic
I thought of welding up the big holes he made and tapping to oem size.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #5
Gregr1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

If you can get a stud in the head (or I’ve used bolts and lock washers as well) the exhaust flange will seat fine. If the one on the drivers side is stripped out it’s because the lower bolt at the bottom of the muffler was not tightened and put extra stress on the top ones. Top ones snug is good they don’t have to be cranked down hard. The bottom one is supposed to support the muffler’s weight
Both holes have been drilled way oversize. I believe welding up the holes will be the best option if the engine can be retrofitted to my cart.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:01 PM   #6
Gregr1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

I have the coil and pulser behind the flywheel that came on the MCI, would I just need the igniter and some rewiring to make it work?
Old 09-11-2022, 08:45 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes, having the coil and pulsar is a good start. In lieu of welding the hole closed, you could use a time sert as well. Those work very well in situations like this

Good part about the MCI engines is that you can still get an oem ignitor new. (Don’t tell trig I said something good about the MCI engines, it will kill my rep ) https://www.shopezgo.com/72872g01#/s/EZG//72872G01//1/y

You’ll need a wiring harness too but it definitely would be a nice upgrade to a 295, let alone a tired old 295
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 10:28 PM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I'm pretty sure you will also need an mci muffler, or modify the pre mci one to line up with the head studs. I could be wrong, but worth checking out.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 06:33 AM   #9
Gregr1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I'm pretty sure you will also need an mci muffler, or modify the pre mci one to line up with the head studs. I could be wrong, but worth checking out.
I got everything that was on the engine cradle, muffler, transaxle, springs, engine, air cleaner and brackets. No generator and all of the Wires and cables were cut.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:34 AM   #10
Gregr1971
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes, having the coil and pulsar is a good start. In lieu of welding the hole closed, you could use a time sert as well. Those work very well in situations like this

Good part about the MCI engines is that you can still get an oem ignitor new. (Don’t tell trig I said something good about the MCI engines, it will kill my rep ) https://www.shopezgo.com/72872g01#/s/EZG//72872G01//1/y

You’ll need a wiring harness too but it definitely would be a nice upgrade to a 295, let alone a tired old 295
450 bucks! I’ll have to go back to the PO and see if he has the igniter box.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO