lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
john5297
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1987 Two Stroke questions

that is where the fuel pump should go the pulse of air makes the pump work
john5297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
Steves68Nova
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5297 View Post
that is where the fuel pump should go the pulse of air makes the pump work

Well a fuel pump should be here tomorrow so we will see what happens when we get it on.

Steve
Steves68Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Steves68Nova
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves68Nova View Post
Well a fuel pump should be here tomorrow so we will see what happens when we get it on.
Ok. Fuel pump came in today and we put it on. Along with a gasket and also a new carb gasket. It ran a little bit better, but not much.

We also mixed up some 100/1 gas and poured it into the gas tank. Now the engine smokes a bit. Did not before. Oil pump might not have worked. We did not ride it more than 6 or 700 feet so I do not think we tore it up. One thing we are wondering about is starting though.

To start it up in forward gear we have to choke it about 1/4 of the way. It then turns over and over while it builds up to starting. Takes about 25 to 30 seconds or more. But when we do the same in reverse it only takes about 10 seconds or less. When the motor gets spooled up it runs great, but has very little power until then.

One other question. There is a cable running from the carb throttle lever to what looks like a lever on the clutch. We had to take it loose to allow us to make the throttle work. What is this cable?

Steve

Last edited by Steves68Nova; 08-06-2009 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Another question
Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
john5297
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

that is the govener. do a compresion test 125 great, 100 runs, 75 starts hard or will not run.
john5297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

in the tech section you can find how to adjust throttle and governor. you may need to do that to get it to run a bit better. definitely check compression and let us know.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
Steves68Nova
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
in the tech section you can find how to adjust throttle and governor. you may need to do that to get it to run a bit better. definitely check compression and let us know.
Checked compression today. 60 pounds. Our thoughts are would it be better to just do a top side rebuild and take our chances on the seals or should we do it all at once? How much more work is it to do the seals? Who makes the best repair manual? Looks like we are gonna learn a lot more than we really wanted too.

Steve

BTW. Is it hard to find long blocks for these in good running shape?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #17
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

should run around $400 or so and while youre at it do the seals. seals are easy.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
Steves68Nova
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
should run around $400 or so and while youre at it do the seals. seals are easy.
Ok, got an important question. Do I have a 2pg or 3pg motor? And just what is the difference?

Steve
Old 08-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #19
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

There will be a sticker on the engine that will tell you but you should have a 2pg. I found an upper end rebuild for 130 and the crank seals are cheap so since you will have the engine out you may as well do the seals at the same time. The upper end is pretty simple especially when you get the jug and piston it should go pretty smoothy.

Pay attention to details when you pull it apart, which way the piston goes, there is a "peg" (for lack of a better term) in the ring land of the piston to help you line up the rings. I know there is a thread on here that someone showed a recent upper end re-build.....I will see if I can find it for you. I am planning 2 rebuilds this winter so I am doing a lot of research before I go for it.

Good luck, there are a lot of good folks on here with plenty of advice, ask lots of questions.... we all only like to do jobs once!!
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #20
Steves68Nova
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Should I get a upper rebuild kit and order the seals or get a complete engine rebuild kit? There is quite a price difference. ALso what is a good place to get a cheaper priced site?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO