lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone drove the new 2Five LSV?

Dont forget the pics! x2 what was the final price? i think they are pretty sweet looking! its about time that thing came out, ezgo has only been talking about it forever! lol
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #12
Bama96
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Been out riding this afternoon. I love this car! Great acceleration and good looks. Here are a few pics. I was a little over $9K out the door. I think the 2011s are a tad more but this was one of the first 2010 2Fives released earlier this month. It had a sticker of about $10,500.

Bama96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can i be the first to say Nice looking cart?

btw, I still HATE the battery configuration in those carts..... I see a major issue on replacing that rear battery........

I haven't looked at the current RXV's lately, are all of them running the on board charger like that or is that something special to the 2Five?and I hate to ask, but can you take another close-up pic of the low voltage wiring right behind the charger? Curious to see if they are using the same voltage reducer from the RXV model......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
Bama96
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the compliments. The rear battery would be a pain to swap out alone. However, if you remove the front three I think it would be fairly easy without them in the way. I'll snap a few more of the wiring tomorrow.
Bama96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bama, that is my point.... they COULD have went the route Club Car went and make every battery accessible, but nooooooo, they had to be difficult lmao.....
Old 07-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good looking golf cart!!!!!!!!! And Im pretty sure you stole it!!!

the rxv's do not come with an on board charger, just the 2 fives. The rxv's have a 4 year warranty so well see who has to change that rear battery! lol

the 2 five has a 2 year warranty but you already have it figured out first three out and then the back one!!!!

on all of the txts you have to pull out the front row of batteries out first before you can pull the rears..... so not too big of a deal..... but I wonder how much the 12vlts weigh in at???

Where are you located it looks nice! Its 108 here today in phx az
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbmfpeterson View Post
good looking golf cart!!!!!!!!! And Im pretty sure you stole it!!!

the rxv's do not come with an on board charger, just the 2 fives. The rxv's have a 4 year warranty so well see who has to change that rear battery! lol

the 2 five has a 2 year warranty but you already have it figured out first three out and then the back one!!!!

on all of the txts you have to pull out the front row of batteries out first before you can pull the rears..... so not too big of a deal..... but I wonder how much the 12vlts weigh in at???
Read that RXV warranty carefully.... 4 years or X number of charge cycles (bear in mind that 1=1 and 2=3 when computing charge cycles).

I have never had to pull the front row of batteries to change a rear battery in a TXT. At most I have to pull (1) 60 pound battery, on the new RXV/2Five you are going to have to pull a minimum of 2 and likely all 3 batteries weighing in at close to 100 pounds each........
Old 07-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You are correct! you have to pull at least one to get to the rear. I worded that badly. but you still cant just pull out one batery like you should be able too!! lol

there should be less of a chance of pulling just one battery in the rxv because the new ones all have a converter in them?????

just my opinion Im not trying to call anyone out cause i don't know much about electric carts...... lol
Old 07-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no on the new RXV's, you are going to have to pull at least 2 batteries to get to the rear one because of the configuration of the batteries.... They just placed them in there in a way that removing that rear battery requires alot more effort than it should... hopefully since they have the converters on all the new carts, there won't be an issue and you will be replacing all 4 at once anyway, but bad batteries do happen, and I would hate to be the tech that has to replace the rear battery 1 year into the pack life knowing I have to remove (2) 100 pound batteries before I can even GET to the problem battery........
Old 07-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #20
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hahaha Im a dumb ***! I was saying you have to pull at least one on the txt's! dont pay any attention to me Im all over the place! hahahahaha Luckily I don't have to pull batteries anymore! lol

Do you work for a dealer in Florida?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO