lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G-16 need more power with new lift

1 1/16, I would try a new belt before I did anything else.

Primary seems to be working, if you cleaned it and all the parts looked ok then it should be ok. That is a roller clutch right? The rollers are what goes bad the most.

You can run the governor all the way up and it will not hurt a thing. I been running my cart since 99 with no governor at all, but G9s don't have a rev limit either some start cutting out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #22
raypa
Getting Wild

I'm going to call plowmans and get their wide belt they carry and see what happens. I do believe it is a roller clutch.
raypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #23
raypa
Getting Wild

Well, I just ordered the Plowman's clutch kit. New sheaves, and a belt with their black spring. I also ordered new shoes for the helix. I figured they are like brakes shoes and took a set to my existing sheave. Now if you dn't hear from me for a while that means that the wife disapproved of my (uneccessary) purchase. I will either try to photo document of video the before, during and after.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I just checked mine it operates in neutral about the same, but it shifts at lower rpm due to stock spring.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Finally got it working
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #26
kg885
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Good work. What's the result of the 'hill test'? Did you do the sheaves, spring, and spacer?
kg885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #27
raypa
Getting Wild

What I will do is get my wife to video a before and after on the hill climb and do a short video of installing the new kit. I will actually use a video camera this time so you can actually see it. The kit should be here by the weekend.

SHO- After seeing yours, mine doesn't look too bad other than your belt on the secondary climbs much higher. I bought the extra wide belt.. See what happens. My wife will shoot me when she sees the $159 on the visa...... lol I hate not being a billionaire.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #28
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

mine is a G9 and my belt is at the very edge of the rear secondary when my engine comes to a stop. i went and looked at the G16 that we have here and it also stops in the same place. both of the golf carts have Don Plowmans set up on them. we do alot of trail riding and are very happy with the set up. i replaced the rollers in the primary clutch and that made a huge difference in the G16.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10012.JPG (54.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10010.JPG (59.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10020.JPG (59.6 KB, 12 views)
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #29
raypa
Getting Wild

How did you replace the rollers? What part is considered the rollers?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #30
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

The rollers are in the front primary clutch. It was very easy i just ordered the three little rollers from one of the site sponsors they are not cheap $22 each i think but well worth it. i took the primary clutch off put it in a vice and put a little heat on it where it threads apart, took a pipe wrench and spun it right apart. the rollers were very easy to change and it works so much better very smooth shifting. if i was smart i would have taken pictures of every step. just make sure you put loc tight back on the threads. i used an old farmers trick to get the clutch off. i put a pry bar behind the pulley and left the nut flat at the end of the crank and tapped it with a hammer a couple of times and it popped off. do not pry to hard with the bar, so you dont break your pully. i dont think it took me 30 min to change them out. i did ask the people on this forum before doing this because i had no idea until someone explained it to me.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha