lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Default help! (yeah, I know I know...newbie and it's not "descriptive" enuf!)

2005 ezgo non pds. stopped running after I hit a ditch pretty hard (got stuck). On the flat stuff, worked for a minute, then stopped.

Here's what I've done:

Downloaded the 200+ page manual...

Solenoid clicks when pedal pressed...1st QUESTION...can the solenoid be bad and still click?

Can't figure out what wire is "shorted"...I know that's just on me to figure out....but 2nd QUESTION...do you guys/gals have any idea what it could be if I got stuck going up a soft hill with a heavy load and then it just stopped working after that?

the batteries are showing a charge (ref voltage of 37).

appreciate all help.

Thanks
mattydub37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help! (yeah, I know I know...newbie and it's not "descriptive" enuf!)

Smoked controller. Smoked motor? Bad stuff.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: help! (yeah, I know I know...newbie and it's not "descriptive" enuf!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Smoked controller. Smoked motor? Bad stuff.
thanks for the reply scotty....I'm showing power to the controller though? The motor didn't smoke, no really heavy load on the batteries, I just got bogged down and tires spun for about 3 mins while I jumped up n down to get it unstuck.

so replace controller and the solenoid will still be okay?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

SO when you got out .... it ran ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds dumb but check for a broken power wire on the cart. I can't count how many times I have had a similar situation and found a broken wire on a customers cart.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #6
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
SO when you got out .... it ran ?
yepp scotty

That's why I can't figure it out....it ran like a power cord was just popped off or something. then I drove it back to garage, charged it, it worked again one more time. then she just quit on me. full charge on batteries...no broken/missing wires or connections. the solenoid clicks, the pedal piston is seated right...I'm just not sure if there's a short somewhere that I'm missing.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
sounds dumb but check for a broken power wire on the cart. I can't count how many times I have had a similar situation and found a broken wire on a customers cart.
rabbit....you mean on the batteries themselves? I can't find any "broken power wires" anywhere...they all are connected and seem fine.

I'm trying to walk through the "if, then" 56 steps on the troubleshooting guide but Im a bit lost on a couple of the wiring connections they want me to check....going over the ITS, what is the red wire on the controller 4 pin connecter (step 22?).
Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a broken wire on the motor itself or possibly even the controller.

as for the red wire they are talking about, follow the wires coming from the pedal box to the controller. once the harness gets into the controller area, it has a 4 pin (I have seen a few that used a 6 pin instead of a 4 pin) molex connector that it passes through before continuing on to the controller.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

THANK YOU to everyone on this site...ordered and installed new controller, seems to be working well now.

Now, if only I can make sense of what I "should" do next to upgrade --- geez you guys have a ton of time on your hands on this site! These are some awesome looking carts.

I'm pretty sure this gives me an excuse to ask for more tools for Christmas!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Matt, let me help you out the only way I can.
Ask for cart accesories. This way you have to buy the tools to install them

No one can argue with ya once they bought you the cool stuff
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO