lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
putter4469
Not Yet Wild

Default '84 G1 Will Only Run On Choke

I have a 1984 G1. The douche who sold it to me said it was just "cold blooded". Beware of this guy in Newaygo who says he's a G1 guy who fixes them up all the time.

Anyway. I've learned a lot from this forum. I started with cleaning the carb, checking the flow in the fuel lines and changing the fuel filter. Next I pulled the fuel pump, cleaned it and nothing would seem to hinder its operation except compression. I changed the crank seals, the problem is still there.

I have just over 100lbs of compression. I think I saw somewhere that the G1 2 stroke gets about 125lbs. Is that correct? If so, does it sound like a ring problem?

I would appreciate any suggestions.
putter4469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: '84 G1 Will Only Run On Choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by putter4469 View Post
I have a 1984 G1. The douche who sold it to me said it was just "cold blooded". Beware of this guy in Newaygo who says he's a G1 guy who fixes them up all the time.

Anyway. I've learned a lot from this forum. I started with cleaning the carb, checking the flow in the fuel lines and changing the fuel filter. Next I pulled the fuel pump, cleaned it and nothing would seem to hinder its operation except compression. I changed the crank seals, the problem is still there.

I have just over 100lbs of compression. I think I saw somewhere that the G1 2 stroke gets about 125lbs. Is that correct? If so, does it sound like a ring problem?

I would appreciate any suggestions.
All G1's except 1982 (J17) would have 120/125 lbs new and minimum is 100 to run (with choking to get it started). Since you've changed crank seals and other recommended things, might try these... Is the throttle shaft loose? Did you find a steady streem of fuel and it stayed constant? I have seen the rubber fuel line (from fuel filter to steel fuel line) have a "crack" looseing fuel pressure. Sorry forgot to ask, does it run after chokeing?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
putter4469
Not Yet Wild

I'll check the fuel flow and the lines.
Thanks

It needs some choke to run even after warming up.
putter4469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
drifting g1
Not Yet Wild

Just saying mine ran like i stole it with only low 80 for compression and then found out oil injection was barely working too! there tanks!!
drifting g1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choke, compression, gas problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha