lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: vertical shaft conversion?

The old EZGO used an axle with the secondary clutch right on the pinion of the diff. I always wondered if you could tilt the axle up nearly vertical, then mount the engine in the normal spot. If you tilt the axle and engine forward some the engine should not have to be too high. But I don't know if that or some other axle would lube right doing that. It is ideal then you have direct drive. This does ignore the fact that IIRC that was a 2 stroke with no reverse gear in the axle.

Another way might be to just use the right angle gearbox to a jackshaft with the clutch on it. That way you have some latitude in where you mount the engine....only the jackshaft has to be the proper distance/offset to the rear, and stock rear would have reverse.
sho305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
KENNETHC
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have never even seen a right angle gear box. my dad is a lawn mower engine tinker extrodonier, he has seen them and said he could make it work just doesnt want to mess my cart up. if yall saw some of the stuff he comes up with and builds out of junk you wouldnt believe it. i will try to get a pic of his latest creation. a old garden tractor some old steel plate hydrolic pump and created a small dozer, reverse back hoe contraption. its unreal. it never really looks good just works and then hes done with it, use it once or twice start something new. he once took two diffrent lawnmowers, good ones i may add cut them in half and put both together and they worked. why? because a buddy of his said it couldnt be done.
KENNETHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #13
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNETHC View Post
I have never even seen a right angle gear box. my dad is a lawn mower engine tinker extrodonier, he has seen them and said he could make it work just doesnt want to mess my cart up. if yall saw some of the stuff he comes up with and builds out of junk you wouldnt believe it. i will try to get a pic of his latest creation. a old garden tractor some old steel plate hydrolic pump and created a small dozer, reverse back hoe contraption. its unreal. it never really looks good just works and then hes done with it, use it once or twice start something new. he once took two diffrent lawnmowers, good ones i may add cut them in half and put both together and they worked. why? because a buddy of his said it couldnt be done.
That stuff reminds me of an old friend of mind that passed a few years ago.He use to take the air motors out of impacts and put them in electric tools . Put a motorcycle transmission on a drill press to make a milling machine, and a supercharger on an old goldwing with mechanical fuel injection for everyday riding. Now I'm sure he could take a verticule shaft engine and tilt it on it's side to use as a horizontal engine
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Owasco Lake, central New York
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #15
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thats a great idea I will look into it this weekend! I have an old snowmobile just dying to be part of this project!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #16
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My kind of guy!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I know a guy in springwater n.y. Who has frames left over from golf carts he has scrapped out for parts. I dont know if you want to travel that far.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #18
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

check these out , maybe one of them would work
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...ame=powerTrans
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #19
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrlr View Post
check these out , maybe one of them would work
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...ame=powerTrans
1800 rpm max might not be enough.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
super cart designs
Not Yet Wild

I. Was just working an old snapper rear engine rider. They use an interesting wheel to convert the rotation
super cart designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha