lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003? TXT won't move

I am new to this forum so please be patient! I just bought a TXT that has been sitting awhile and it does not work. It is the model with the shifter behind your feet. I put new batteries in it yesterday and a new ignition switch. Nothing happens when I press the accelerator, the selenoid doesn't even click. I figured that there should be power coming out of the wire that attaches to the charging mount and runs to the F/R switch, there is no power. I put power to that line. When I do and press the accelerator an LED light on the Alltrax controller blinks green 4 times and then changes color. Still no sound out of the selenoid. Any suggestions?????? I have never messed with an electric cart and I am trying to learn.

David
FLandMDTXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
redriderno22
let it SNOW

Club Car

Default Re: 2003? TXT won't move

detailed pics would help alot..

make sure the batteries are wired correctly IE - to + for im assuming 36 volts

it sounds like you have one or 2 batteris backwards
redriderno22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

I am having problems posting pics from my phone. I am pretty sure that the batteries are wired correctly.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Yes 36V
Old 01-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Below is the TXT Solenoid activation circuit... If you trace it out with a voltmeter you will find your problem..

TXT solenoid activation circuit
Power starts on the White wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
The red wire travels back through the loom to the Forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the Forward and Reverse switch.
the power then goes through a 4 pin Molex connector and travels to the "pedal Box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the Controller/F&R area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb. Thank you so much. The red wire coming out of the charging receptacle is the one that has no power. I placed 36V to that wire and still nothing. I appreciate the rest of this info. Very helpful. I'll report back as to what I find.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Below is the TXT Solenoid activation circuit... If you trace it out with a voltmeter you will find your problem..

Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
The red wire travels back through the loom to the Forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the Forward and Reverse switch.
the power then goes through a 4 pin Molex connector and travels to the "pedal Box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the Controller/F&R area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
Ok, I traced the power to the 4 pin connector. There is power coming and going at the green wire, but not returning on the red, so to you does that mean at least one of my problems is either the red wire from the pedal box or in the pedal box? Also the wire, 12 gauge coming out of the charging receptacle appears to be a fused link. Since that must be bad, can they be found easily?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Ok, I traced the power to the 4 pin connector. There is power coming and going at the green wire, but not returning on the red, so to you does that mean at least one of my problems is either the red wire from the pedal box or in the pedal box? Also the wire, 12 gauge coming out of the charging receptacle appears to be a fused link. Since that must be bad, can they be found easily?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

My apologies for the double post. When I was typing I hit submit, immediately received a phonecall and hit submit after the call ended.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
FLandMDTXT
Not Yet Wild

Another symptom. I noticed they had the ground wire off of the back-up alarm. When I put power to the small wire coming out of the charging receptacle and ground the horn. It is making noise, not real loud in forward and reverse.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO