lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: auxillary battery

I just don't want to pull power from the pack for anything other than powering the cart. Seemed like the right choice to me.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: auxillary battery

I didn't want to take run time away from the pack so I use a extra 12 volt. It's not that bad. When I charge the cart I charge the 12 volt. Simple and when I go to get the cart I unplug both.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I didn't want to take run time away from the pack so I use a extra 12 volt. It's not that bad. When I charge the cart I charge the 12 volt. Simple and when I go to get the cart I unplug both.
Ditto!
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #14
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Same here
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
corky.bailey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

on the same subject (hopefully); is anyone using a smaller 12V sealed battery for aux power? They "appear" to be inexpensive and I like the sealed part. I could get my Protech charger and the aux battery in the same area and have 2 male 110v receptacles in the same area of the cart for 2 charge cords.
corky.bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can use any kind of 12V battery you want. Just remember that you wont get hardly any run time with a small battery. A little mower battery will provide 12V, but may only power your lights for about 5-10 min. Also, a cranking battery is not made for long draws of power. If it is used this way, expect about a years use, if that, before it is trashed. A deep cycle battery would be best. Here is thread about some different options. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-reducer.html
Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
corky.bailey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Appreciate the info Superman. Looks like I'll head the deep cycle additional charger direction. Now I just have to squeeze in that battery, 12v charger, and my protech charger in that space under the driver's seat on the EZ.

Thanks again
corky.bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #18
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No problem Corky. You profile says Club Car, do you have an EZGO? If so, you may be able to utilize some space where the controller and solenoid is if you have a PDS. Also, here is a thread by Turkeyshooter about mounting the protech charger http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...d-charger.html. Not sure how that is working out for him with the restricted air flow, you may want to ask him?

I have my aux battery under the driver’s seat and my 12V + 48V charger above my motor. Since I have the HD rear springs, I didn’t need my rear shocks. I removed them and I’ve built a compartment above the motor that braces of the battery tray. I’m about to seal it with some truck bed rubber to help keep the mud and water from coming in. It has more room than turkeyshooter’s design for better airflow. I get some pics up when I’m done. Good luck
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #19
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Since I have the HD rear springs, I didn’t need my rear shocks. I removed them and I’ve built a compartment above the motor that braces of the battery tray. I’m about to seal it with some truck bed rubber to help keep the mud and water from coming in. It has more room than turkeyshooter’s design for better airflow.
Mine has a rear basket is it likely that I have the HD springs as well?
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi JQ. You probably don’t have the heavy duty rear springs unless you or someone else put them there. The stock springs have 2 sometimes 3 leafs. The HD springs have 4 leafs and have little to no flex.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO