lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Motor rattling noise

BTW thanks much for helping with that situation ( tornados ) although it didn,t effect me you still deserve an atta boy and a bravo for helping those people out..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
dawghouse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

how do you get the old ring out of the shaft I removed the snap ring but the spline part inside is not moving and the splines are wore down on the end
dawghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawghouse View Post
how do you get the old ring out of the shaft I removed the snap ring but the spline part inside is not moving and the splines are wore down on the end
When I did my 98, I think I had to break it in 2 or 3 pieces with a flat blade screwdriver and a mallet,
I picked out the pieces, scraped out the splines, and put the new one in.
But from what I understand they should just "pry" out with a screwdriver.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #14
ATV-RVr
Not Yet Wild

Back to my original problem... My life has been crazy and the 05 CC was just not a priority so I didn't worry about the noise. Way back on my last post I greased up the bearing on the end and put the motor back together. That didnt help, So now that Im able to work on this progect, I've pulled the motor back apart and when I have the rear bearing in the end plate (with the retainer ring bolted in place) you can wiggle the end plate on the bearing...Is this normal? Do I need to tighten the retainer plate more (the screws are small) The end plate doesn't look like the bearing has been spinning in the end plate cup. And the bearing itself doesn't have any wiggle, spins freely and feels great. And to top it all off, this cart will be for sale as soon as this issue is solved...thus trying to keep cost down.
ATV-RVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #15
ATV-RVr
Not Yet Wild

OK, here is what I found was the rattling noise problem.. It wasn't the bearing, but it is a warped stator. I was able to talk to some folks that rebuild motors and after chatting with them on the sound of the noise, when I could hear the noise and the wear patterns in the magnets, they believe the stator is warped. They said it was rare and not really worth trying to repair. I have found a used motor and I will continue getting this cart ready to sell. Hope this helps add to the knowledge base of the group.
ATV-RVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATV-RVr View Post
OK, here is what I found was the rattling noise problem.. It wasn't the bearing, but it is a warped stator. I was able to talk to some folks that rebuild motors and after chatting with them on the sound of the noise, when I could hear the noise and the wear patterns in the magnets, they believe the stator is warped. They said it was rare and not really worth trying to repair. I have found a used motor and I will continue getting this cart ready to sell. Hope this helps add to the knowledge base of the group.
thanks for posting the update.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car