lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default The G1 saga!

Heres a fun story for everyone: A couple days ago I called a guy about a Yamaha G1 he had on craigslist for $375, it hadn't ran in years but ran good when it was parked behind his barn years ago. All the tires were flat but luckily I grabbed my spare set and a tire wrench, and off we went. About 30 minutes later we showed up and saw the cart, it had a rear rack on it which was pretty cool and it had a full roof kit and seat covers along with a few odds and ends that were nice additions. It was covered with green mildew but no rust, and it was in good shape under the hood. It does not have an air cleaner or box but I think I will steal one out of my G14 I am doing an engine swap in. It turns over with good compression so its a runner. I will get some pics and get working on it tomorrow. I have heard of crank seals being the problem but first I am going to do the standard full service, spark plug, carb and jet clean, fresh fuel, so on and so forth. I have no idea if the oil pump works so I am just gonna run a mix in the tank.... I will keep everyone updated!
stevensj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: The G1 saga!

Great find, let's see some pictures. Everyone loves a good barn find.
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks! I forgot to mention, I asked the guy what was his lowest price and he said make an offer... I was just kidding around and said $250 and he said "its yours!", so I loaded it up and took it home. Its dark out but I will go out with a big flash light and try to get some pictures.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Heres some pics of the cart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0164.jpg (48.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0167.jpg (47.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0168.jpg (39.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0169.jpg (40.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0170.jpg (61.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 04-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

That is a steal, it looks like the real fun will start now, building. I can't wait to see the progress on this one.
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah I thought I got a good deal on it! I am getting up early tomorrow and plan on spending all day working on the cart because I am leaving Wednesday for Myrtle Beach, SC for 4 days. I will make sure to get pics every step of the way. My main worry is the oil pump. I run a lot of Yamaha bikes and quads and I have bypassed the pumps on all of my Blasters because of all the horror stories. After doing some research I decided to keep the pump on the golf cart but I am replacing all the lines, fuel and oil
Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i thought g1's were 4 stroke?...
why not mix the oil?
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Nope, G1 is 2 stroke, the G2's onward are 4 stroke. The G1 2 stroke actually used reverse by turning the engine backwards, pretty ingenious I guess. I was thinking of mixing but I'm not sure yet, depends on how good the injection system is working.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:59 AM   #9
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

looks fun...keep us posted. Also I premix because i had my pump go out...locked the motor up and that was the end of it. ever since that i just premix so i dont ever have to worry about it again
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Yamaha_G1
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Great find!!! What part of NC? I am just outside of Charlotte.

Picked mine up on CL for $300 and thought I got a good deal.

Glad to see the old cart being put back in service.

Keep us posted!
Yamaha_G1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha