lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Lumpy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default My G1 is bucking like a bronco

So I have an 84 G-1. At wide open throttle, this thing runs fantastic. The problem is that anything less than full throttle makes the cart start to take off then die and take off again repeatedly. The jerking is almost enough to snap your neck. This is a recent problem as the cart ran great when I got it a while back. The fuel filter appears fine. I took the carb off and made sure the bowl was clean. The needle is clean and I blew through all the ports with my air compressor.

Can anybody offer up further suggestions for me? I am not really a mechanic but I am not helpless either. I have Plowmans right down the road from me but money is super tight at the moment so I cant really put it in the shop. Thanks for the help.
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My G1 is bucking like a bronco

Is the govenor connected? I'm thinking the govenor torsion spring may be broken.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
wharris01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Broken throttle cable? Had one broken and the carb was wide open. Peddle just stopped and started at WOT. All that goverened speed was the start stop switch.
wharris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check small ground wire from battery, run a jumper wire from ground on battery and try.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Lumpy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the suggestions. I did a whole lot of reading here on the site and decided to play with the stop\start switch on the gas pedal.

That appears to have been my issue. Once I took it out of the picture, the cart would run good at slower speeds. Apparently it was way out of adjustment. It was making and breaking contact.

Unfortunately I also discovered my throttle cable is garbage. Ahhhhh......its always something.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
wharris01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Lumpy. There is a guy in metamora that has the cable in stock. I bought one last week. Pretty reasonable. Goggle golf carts metamora, mi and you should be able to find him.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
Lumpy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

wharris01....thanks for the info on the cable. I called today and they wanted 24 bucks for it. I then called Plowmans and they had it for 28 bucks. Plowmans got the sale as they are only about a mile from me.

Got everything back together today and then started blowing fuses. I finally tracked a dead short down to a shot start / stop switch under the pedal. The switch is now removed and things seem to be working just fine for what I want to use this cart for.

One of these days I want one of those nice fancy high riding carts with all the goodies.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
wharris01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Don't blame ya. Plowmans seem to be good guys. The older gentleman, Don i believe is a nice guy. Took me for a test ride on one of their high end carts when I was looking earlier this summer. (and they are site sponsors) Tried to get some parts off that G1 they have in their fenced area but they wouldn't part with any..

I work one day a week at what's left of AC. They bulldozed my office a couple of years ago on Davison Rd. I work out of Auburn Hills the others.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Lumpy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I used to be able to see AC's front main gate from my front porch. Sure looks different these days.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha