lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
paulhut
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha 81 g1 voltage regulator ?

It the cart still runs in reverse then the solenoids both work properly. Only one solenoid is triggered in forward and the other in reverse.

I just can't imagine the charger sapping that much power from the engine. The charging wires aren't what I'd call high enough gauge for that kind of draw. I'm wondering if one of the coils inside the charger / generator isn't shorted out.

Does the regulator get hot under normal operation?
paulhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #12
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Is it possible that the bushings/bearings in the starter/generator are worn and dragging? This would get worse when the generator is working to try to charge the battery. Take the s/g to an automotive starter/alternator rebuild shop for a cleaning and evaluation. Cheaper than replacing the s/g.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I agree, probably a very good next step.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
oklahomacowboy21
Not Yet Wild

I think I will take starter off tonight after work and take it to be rebuilt just to get that out of the picture. the voltage regulator does not get hot at any time while running. The cart does run strong in forward and reverse as long as the voltage regulator isnt hooked up. Thanks again for all of yalls input.
oklahomacowboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That's what you have to do, eliminate one thing at a time!! Otherwise you never know where you are. Keep us posted. - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha