lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
snorky
Not Yet Wild

Default auto oiler on g-1

i was told (by a supposed yamaha expert) that i should NOT disconnect the auto oiler and merely add 1 oz./gal of 2 stroke oil to the gas. he said i might get a bit of smoke but no other problems. he also said that the engine was designed to "shut down" if the auto oiler stopped working and this was merely a back-up procedure. any thoughts?
snorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: auto oiler on g-1

The Autolube system was designed to provide proper lubrication for the engine during normal use. The intended use would be to ferry golfers around the course at a maximum governed speed of 12 MPH, and fairly low engine load and RPM . Oil to fuel ratio will vary from 300:1 (idle) to 150:1 (full load). If you are planning to use your buggy in a similar fashion, and the Autolube system is in good functioning shape, you should be fine without adding extra oil. If you are planning on modifying your buggy for higher speeds and RPM, then adding oil to your gas, or eliminating the Autolube system and premixing gas and oil like a chainsaw or old snowmobile, has its merits to insure adequate lubrication for this severe service.
Light use and/or too much oil leads to smoking (bad for the environment), sparkplug fouling, and plugged exhaust (bad for engine performance).
See the sticky about barbecueing the exhaust- pretty common on these old buggies.
There is no provision for a "safe" shut down if the Autolube fails (or if you forget to premix). The engine will sustain internal damage and sieze up. End of story.
One last bit of info about 2-stroke lubrication:

http://www.ultralighthomepage.com/OIL/oil.html

GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
paulhut
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: auto oiler on g-1

That was a great article about 2-stroke oil.
Thanks for the link.

Now I have to go back to my shop and check that the oil I am using is ok for my engine.
paulhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha