lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 97 cc ds48v stopped working

the pic of the solenoid you posted.....the 2 top studs where cables are bolted you want to jump those 2 get a peice of cable and touch both of those at same time with rear jacked up then turn key on put in gear and press pedal see if wheels spin.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
charman
Not Yet Wild

Forgive me, but what gauge and how long or short a wire would be sufficient for this test. I used a single side of some jumper cables and the wheels would not spin. However it is reasonable to think I did not have a good connection because I was testing it w no help. Regardless I will try again, but is the single side of jumper cables ok to use or should I get a certain gauge wire at the auto parts store?
charman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a spare battery connector cable and 2 nuts that fit the solenoid studs, that would be great. Just place the cable over the 2 studs and put on the nuts ( there should be enough stud left ) and just snug the nuts. You don't need to remove anything to do this test. When you are done make sure you take this jumper back off!

P.S. From the looks of the top ( in your photo ) the car jumper cable may not have made a good connection.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
charman
Not Yet Wild

Ok Purchased a 60v 4g battery cable and jumped the posts. Nothing happened and I am sure I had a good connection. When the pedal was pressed I could feel the click in the cable I was holding and could hear a faint squeal as in a transistor radio. What should I do next? Thank y'all for the advice. Its much appreciated.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking at your motor, you have a series cart( F/R lever, not a toggle switch). It sounds like you have an issue in your F/R lever. You can find one cheaper than $120.00. They can also be rebuilt. You can test the voltage on your f/r with a DMM.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are you sure the batteries are ok? before you call someone check voltage in each battery and load test each one.........also check water it only takes one battery to stop the cart i would also buy a set of battery cables and clean all battery terminals..................................if your not sure about your voltage #,s post them we can help but when you load test them if you get any that drop below 7 volts that might be your problem........................
Old 10-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
charman
Not Yet Wild

How does one go about checking voltage in batteries, F/R switch, and load testing each battery?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #18
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can get a digital multimeter at walmart for $20.00 that will be just fine for a golf cart application. When you check batteries 1 at a time, switsh it to 20 DCV and read each battery. When you check the entire pack voltage, switch it to 200 DCV and put the red on the main+ and the black on the main -. These should be the ones that are hooked up to the charging recpticle. As for the f/r lever. Look at it and see how it works. It on diverts power to the correct cable going to the motor for forward or reverse. Play with it and see if shifting the lever send power out or not.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
charman
Not Yet Wild

To complete this post and say thanks to all who gave suggestions. In examination of the F/R switch, found melted substance on the copper bars that complete the connection btw the two parts of the F/R switch. Upon disassembling found one of the floating cylindrical copper studs embedded in the plastic and unable to float and complete the connection. Surmised that a faulty connection caused the switch to overheat and melt. I then carved out plastic to once again expose the floating copper cylinder and cleaned all connections with razor scraper and wire brush. Reassembled switch and now back in business. No one happier than my 15 yr old who has been hoofing it btw home friends and golf course, who later told me before cart stopped working, it occasionally jumped when placed in forward position and pressed gas. Also informed me that one time switch became so hot he could feel the heat from the switch on his leg. I read many posts looking for similar issues to mine and found posts that I now can bet the problem is the switch. Just stopped working, cart jumping, most likely switch problems. Last note regarding F/R switch rehabilitation: make sure you have snap ring pliers. Thank you shadowman and ColbyinTX. Peace be with you all.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

hey glad you got it going..............had you gave us the info you just posted we could have nailed it faster ................kids you have to love them because i know i don,t..............lolol....................that should be the 1st question asked anytime someone posts for help........was your kid driving it.............................

Tags
computer, controller, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car