lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #21
LarryT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Runs slow with new batteries

Well I ended up giving it to the local repair shop and it was the solenoid after all. It runs fine at its old full speed. thanks for all the replys.
LarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it up and running. Shadowman got it right in post #20
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

this is something that dosn,t happen alot and the 1st time i ran into it i really didn,t beleive or understand it but i never forgot about it ...................i wrote it down and kept it with some of my books..............its worth trying to remember it if you work on carts cause it is one of those things that can drive you crazy or get you into arguments......................larry glad its running right and was only the solenoid.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #24
LarryT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I understand the stopping dead but don't understand how a bad solenoid could cause the speed to be slow. Open or closed, no in between, right?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

well thats what i always thought but it seems a weak solenoid can indeed effect speed.............sounds unreal its either on or off end of story but once again the proof is in the fact your cart is running the way it should, this makes 5 times in a dozen years i have seen this happen..........some people will never see this in their life and will argue with you that theres no way ( i was one of them ) not any more........i,ll say this again one thing i have learned about golfcarts is never say never and when you think you have it all figured out it will throw you a curveball............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #26
LarryT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, here I am 2 1/2 years later and the same thing is happening except now the batteries re 2.5 years older. I have the slowest cart on the course, consistent but slow. I suspect that a 20 year old cart is at the end of it's run old wiring, old connections......another bad solenoid? I'd like to get one more season out if it, when the batteries are done. Any new ideas? Thanks
Old 11-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would throw a new solenoid on it before anything else.... no?
Old 11-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #28
LarryT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

shadowman has only seen a few in all his years....but I get two. But you are right, an inexpensive way to a fix....maybe. Thanks
Old 11-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryT View Post
shadowman has only seen a few in all his years....but I get two. But you are right, an inexpensive way to a fix....maybe. Thanks
Maybe your cart is eating a solenoid every couple of years? It would sure be worth a try?
Old 11-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #30
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Maybe your cart is eating a solenoid every couple of years? It would sure be worth a try?
I agree, a new solenoid every two years isnt exactly a money pit. But couldn't he bypass the solenoid ONLY to take it out of the loop and see if that fixes his issue? If it runs fine without the solenoid then he knows to replace it. If its still a pig then he knows to look elsewhere. It wouldn't cost a dime and would really help diagnose if it is indeed another solenoid. Just a thought.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car