lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Adding ST cowl to TXT-Do I need support Brackets?

I found a parts site saying that you need brace # 71463-G01, and bracket #
71101G02P to install the ST cowl on a ezgo TXT. I have read post that just say to get the cowl, rivets, and fenders. Are these braces nessesary to support the cowl? I also read that the fenders need to be put on first, before the cowl is installed. Are the fenders mounted to the cowl first, or the frame?
Thanks, Redfro
redfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Adding ST cowl to TXT-Do I need support Brackets?

I looked up both part numbers but cant find them on Shop Ez-go??

No you dont need any additional braces. And yes, I personally think it's easier to put the fenders on first and the install the ST cowl.
That's how I've always done mine.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I won't be buying any braces then. So, I put the fenders on the cart by themselves and then install the cowl?
Here's the description from the online store that is trying to sell the braces and brackets for the ST Cowl.

******This is a factory made cowl support brace for use on any E-Z-GO vehicle with the ST Workhorse front cowl. ****

Factory Part # 71463-G01

This brace is installed with the ST front cowl on the ST 350, ST 480, ST Sport, ST 2+2, and Clay's Car. If you're adding a ST Workhorse front cowl to your TXT model golf cart, you'll also need to purchase this support brace and associated support bracket. It is not used with the TXT standard golf cart cowl, but is required any time the ST cowl is installed.

This is the cowl support brace only. Hardware for this brace is included within the E-Z-GO ST Front Cowl Installation Hardware Package.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfro View Post
Thanks, I won't be buying any braces then. So, I put the fenders on the cart by themselves and then install the cowl?
Here's the description from the online store that is trying to sell the braces and brackets for the ST Cowl.

******This is a factory made cowl support brace for use on any E-Z-GO vehicle with the ST Workhorse front cowl. ****

Factory Part # 71463-G01

This brace is installed with the ST front cowl on the ST 350, ST 480, ST Sport, ST 2+2, and Clay's Car. If you're adding a ST Workhorse front cowl to your TXT model golf cart, you'll also need to purchase this support brace and associated support bracket. It is not used with the TXT standard golf cart cowl, but is required any time the ST cowl is installed.

This is the cowl support brace only. Hardware for this brace is included within the E-Z-GO ST Front Cowl Installation Hardware Package.
No, attach the fenders to the ST cowl first, then install on the cart.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Gotcha, Thanks. I ordered a assortment of plastic automotive rivets and fasteners. I am going to attempt to use them instead of the metal rivets. I'll post pictures if it all works out.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did you get this done? About to do the same to mine.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My painted cowl comes in today. I did end up buying the long suport bracket, becuase the one on the cart is attached to the mud guard and is flimsey. I'll post some pics when I get it on. A guy on Ebay sold me a custom painted one for $499, and gave me enough paint for the back end.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #8
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfro View Post
My painted cowl comes in today. I did end up buying the long suport bracket, becuase the one on the cart is attached to the mud guard and is flimsey. I'll post some pics when I get it on. A guy on Ebay sold me a custom painted one for $499, and gave me enough paint for the back end.
Which part number was the long bracket?

Thanks
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have a new pr of ST fenders, Make an offer delivered to you if you want them... I won't price them.

Good luck with your projects
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO