lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
buckv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Meter readings

ok, I hooked up the meter via the two wires on the wire harness and my readings are still off. The meter reads 49.5 and accross the battery pack it reads 50.5. Any other ideas?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
ok, I hooked up the meter via the two wires on the wire harness and my readings are still off. The meter reads 49.5 and accross the battery pack it reads 50.5. Any other ideas?
Hook it up to the battery pack . . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
buckv
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Hook it up to the battery pack . . . .
Did that and it was no different.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . when reading meter in dash, add 1v to reading . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #15
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
The wires I spoke about in the other thread that Scotty mentioned are wires used by Club Car for their optional meter. I have a Datel Meter, (the one that ScottyB sells as well as an LED meter.) I also use my Digital Meter, (Sperry DM-4400A,) to test my battery pack on occasion as well as each of my batteries individually. My Sperry and my Dash mounted Datel read within .1 volts of each other. What type of Digital meter did you use in comparison with your Dash Meter? If the same meter measures different voltages from your pack or the actual 2 wires CC shows to use then obviously something is also drawing off those wires. What is your inverter tied into? Trace back using the schematic if you want to help you find if something is drawing off of them.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #16
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . when reading meter in dash, add 1v to reading . . .
That works as well
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
buckv
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
The wires I spoke about in the other thread that Scotty mentioned are wires used by Club Car for their optional meter. I have a Datel Meter, (the one that ScottyB sells as well as an LED meter.) I also use my Digital Meter, (Sperry DM-4400A,) to test my battery pack on occasion as well as each of my batteries individually. My Sperry and my Dash mounted Datel read within .1 volts of each other. What type of Digital meter did you use in comparison with your Dash Meter? If the same meter measures different voltages from your pack or the actual 2 wires CC shows to use then obviously something is also drawing off those wires. What is your inverter tied into? Trace back using the schematic if you want to help you find if something is drawing off of them.
My inverter is hooked to the black in my control box.
I've tried hooking it up all different ways and I continue to get different readings . I guess I will just do as Steve said and add the 1.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
buckv
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
It is ok to hook it up via the Black/Yellow and red wires from the wire harness, correct?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #19
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
It is ok to hook it up via the Black/Yellow and red wires from the wire harness, correct?
If those are the two wires that were not connected behind the dash, and near where the punch-out was located on your Precedent, then yes. Just test both leads and see if they are the same as your pack voltage first.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car