lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
mfbab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Newbie to golf cart world

I just picked up a 1993 electric ezgo for $50. I know nothing about it. It has batteries Trojans T105. They are stamped with a C 4, I think that means March of 2004 or 1994 they were made. I tried charging them one at a time but they dont get over 60% charge. Before I took them out I tried to run it but nothing happened. The back up alarm worked but thats about it. Im sure this is posted on here several times but any help of where to start would be helpful. Where is the best place to get batteries? thanks again
mfbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie to golf cart world

Batteries are purchased locally. Call around and try and get prices and specs, or at least make and model. JohnnyB has a chart that compares the rating and weights of many major brands and models.

You're gonna be paying quite a bit, so it's worth it to call around. It may even be worth it to drive to a neighboring town. Remember, when you go to pick up your new batteries, you need to give them you old cores, so save a trip and take them with you. I was lucky enough to find a dealer that did free delivery and pickup of the cores.

In general, the heavier the battery, the better, but you have to weigh your options once you get pricing. Also, just because they don't carry a battery doesn't mean they can't order them. Also be sure to tell them you're buying six, not just one. I got a slight break in price for buying eight.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is the chart - Yurtle covered the rest about buying.

Be sure to fully charge batteries before using (Charge them even if dealer says they are charged.)
Then break them in properly. (New batteries only have about 75% of their max storage capacity and must be matured to get 100%)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Comparisons.pdf (22.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
mfbab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone know what motor came with this golf cart? The one I have in looks really nice and clean for being on the cart since 1993. Its a GE. thanks
mfbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
cjnfiremn
Getting Wild

Club Car

to our MAD world!!
cjnfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Do you have a Marathon or Medalist cart?
Pictures of cart and under the seat would help.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO